1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Living for the City

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Chris Plum, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Hi can anyone help me with the bass line for Stevie Wonders Living for the City - :confused:Thanks

2. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Which part?

3. Hi
    Thanks for the reply - as you will probably guess I'm not a grswat bass player, the main verse seems to be just a single note, it's the chorus riffs that I'm having trouble with. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks

4. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    I'm not a grswat bass player...not sure whatcha mean. :/

You playing this on a 4 or a 5?
    FYI I don't think it is a bass line moreso a synth line.

Still willing to help ya but I won't tab out those parts until ya answer.

DCat

5. Hi DCat

Thanks for the reply - I mean I am not a Great bass player (not too good on the typing either) . I am just starting out with a band , we play some thin lizzy, Bad Company etc., but the Guys want to do 'Living for the City' - I know on the original soundtrack the bass was done with a synth machine, but I need to be able to play along with something (4 string Fender) It seems to me 90 percent of the bass line is one note - third fret E string?) but it's gettng the little riffs and fills that I am having trouble with. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Chris

6. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Check PM.

DCat