Lizard Breath MS60b External controller mod

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RickenCliff, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Lizard Breath controller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. DMC.Micro

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Carrots

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. RickenCliff

RickenCliff

Aug 6, 2012
    St. Louis
    Hello fellow 60b owners!

Like many of you, I'm sure your wishing for some additional hands free control of our favorite boss sized multi-effect. I recently came across this modification from Lizard Breath Pedals. Using two TRS cables, you now have dedicated tap tempo button, left and right scroll buttons, and a preset mode button. Pretty cool stuff for only a $50 mod, and seems a little easier to use than some of the midi controllers I've been looking around at.

ANYWHO..... Have any of my fellow Zoom brethren followed through on the Lizard Breath mod? Any feedback? Yay or nay? Or will I just have to dive in and find out for myself??

ALSO.... If you're using another form of controller to get more out of your 60B, what are YOU using?

Thanks for any feedback and keep rockin Talkbass!

GentProvocateur likes this.
  2. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I currently use a DMC.Micro with a 60b; however, the Lizard Breath mod is pretty awesome, and the ONLY option to bring more functionality to a 100BT. I just might send mine in :thumbsup:
    Pleae let us know your experience if you do send yours in!

3. Now that is exactly what I have been hoping for! I wonder if he might do the same thing for the B3?

4. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    Zombie thread resurrection!
    So I’m in contact with Lizards Breath to see if they can do a 2 button version in a 1590a size enclosure that only scrolls backwards and forward through the presets. That would be the ideal set up for how I use the 60b.
    I’ll keep you posted!
    Johno!

5. WilbursaurusRex

WilbursaurusRex Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2017
    Im down! Ive always gone back and forth about picking up an ms60b. an easy and affordable scroll system would do it!

bassbrad likes this.
  6. Maybe 3 button foot switch - one to put into patch mode, then up and down buttons. Otherwise you would have to go to the on board buttons every power up, not always convenient.

7. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    They have said they can do that. I’m looking for smaller, simpler .

8. RickenCliff

RickenCliff

Aug 6, 2012
    St. Louis
    RESURRECTION!

Update!

I ended up going with a new product from Disaster Area, the micro/ghost USB MIDI Host Interface. This handy little box allows me to change presets on the MS60b via midi through my Boss Es5. Setup was a breeze and patch changes are hands free and butter smooth! Couldn't be happier!

For anyone looking for midi control from their Zoom units, I recommend one of these little boxes all day!