1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LM II biamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cam1, Mar 17, 2009.

1. cam1

cam1

Mar 4, 2005
    Just wondering if there are any issues running my LM II head with both inputs (XLR and guitar lead)?
    I want to send low freqs from a sansamp (treble wound down) into the xlr, and high freqs from my sansamp RBI unit with compression into the standard input.
    Are there any issues? Could I damage the amp? Is there a better way of biamping with the gear I have?

2. cam1

cam1

Mar 4, 2005
    :meh: thoughts?

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    That's not exactly a "standard" way of biamping but you should have control of the outputs from both Sansamps.

Biamping is typically running two amps with different parts of the same signal source and running that into seperate speaker cabs. Like running highs to one channel of a stereo amp and lows to the other channel.

You'll be running the equivalent of multiband compression... with one band off;)

You can also run an input into the rear effects loop.

4. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    and does using one or the other input MUTE the other input. Might be somethign to think about ahead of time. Or atleast try

5. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    From reading the website, they are saying you can plug a mic into the XLR input (made for Upright basses) and plug a bass into the 1/4" instrument input and play use them at the same time.
    Wes

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings

No. You can plug three instruments into the LMII at the same time (front 1/4" and XLR, rear 1/4").

7. kevinmoore73

kevinmoore73 Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I have used my LMII with the 1/4" input and the XLR input at the same time on several occasions without issue.

8. On a side note FYI to this thread, the new LMTube and LM800Tube (supposedly shipping within a couple months to the US) have a dedicated volume control for the XLR input, and the XLR input was upgraded to a combo jack, allowing 1/4" input (along with some other goodies like a blendable tube pre section, mute switch, fully featured DI with level control and pre/post switch, a new power amp safety limiter that should be more transparent when pushing the amp, and some slight revision to the treble and bass control center frequencies).