LMB-3 attack mod please!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kringle77, Mar 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    After years and alot of money spent, I consistently find the o'l boss lmb3 compressor/limiter works the best for me. I currently use and slightly prefer the McKinnley thunder mod version, which basically just sounds a little clearer.

I never use the enhance knob so, I was wondering what else could that spot be used for. I have found that sometimes, I would prefer to have a slightly slower attack to give notes more definition or punch. I e-mailed McKinnley about it and he didn't have one so, does anyone else know how or be willing to do this? I mean, along with the McKinnley upgrade? This would be a great mid for a true workhorse pedal.

zapped777 likes this.
  2. boomertech

boomertech Frank Appleton Commercial User

Apr 8, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Designer/Owner of FEA Labs
    The Boss pots are all mounted to a PCB. So you may have some issues trying to re-assign that enhance pot for another function.

-Frank

3. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Hey Frank, I'm going to be in Syracuse monday, April 2. Any chance you have a shop where I could check out some of hours? Any interest in modding a pedal?

4. boomertech

boomertech Frank Appleton Commercial User

Apr 8, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Designer/Owner of FEA Labs
    Sorry, but I don't mod pedals. I'd be happy to look over and possibly suggest changes to existing circuit schematics, but I do not have an LMB-3 schematic. Thanks for the interest, but our work shop is not open to the public.:thumbsup:

-Frank

5. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Probably a good policy!

zapped777 likes this.
  6. zapped777

zapped777

Jul 6, 2011
    Man at high volumes.... I sure love mine (enhance set to zer0)

7. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    There are absolutely no schematics for this one on the net, that I can find. I'll probably end up buying a second McKinley modded version for my acoustic rock gig. But, before I do, does anyone know of someone who would be able to do and attack mod along with the upgrade that McKinley does?

8. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    It seems I can't find anyone to take on this project.

9. J Posega

J Posega Cat Dad and Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    It may not be possible depending on the circuit. You should really ask on a DIY effects forum.

10. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Here is an old LM2 schematic that is supposed to be very similar. Different chip and enhance control is a bit different, apparently.

Attached Files:

Subatomic likes this.
  11. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY