1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LMII + AE410 Slap Tone

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Whitbass, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Whitbass

Whitbass

Jan 22, 2010
    Hello, my TB friends!!
    I rarely slap, but I am interested to hear suggested settings for best slap tone, based on your personal experience, using an LM II + AE410.
    Maybe also your suggested settings for best overall tone, slap and finger style both
    I would also like to hear your general thoughts on bass guitar settings as well....doesn't matter what bass....feel free to comment.........:bassist::D:D:bassist:
    I am playing a Smith and Peavey Cirrus basses...

2. Flat, with just a slight decrease in the upper mids (10 to 11 o'clock, depending on the bass), since the AE410 has a bit of a peak around 1K or so. If your bass is a bit compressed and dark sounding, a SLIGHT engagement of the VPF (never more than 9 o'clock) can 'deepen and sizzle' the tone, but that is surely not needed with most basses IMO and IME.

WONDERFUL sounding rig. I'll hunt down my Youtube clip comparing the LMII and F1 with the AE410 and post the link for you in a minute.

Edit: With the Smith and Cirrus, both of which are warm and tight down low and can sizzle with the best of them up top, you should be able to get a great modern slap tone with the LMII set virtually flat.. maybe that slight upper mid cut.

3. Here you go! You can hear that the F1 has a bit more 'pop and grind' versus the warmer, fatter, smoother LMII tone, but I love them both through this cab, and the neutral tonal footprint of both amps allows you to go from a nice fingerstyle tone to a great slap tone without having to adjust any knobs on the gig. I never touch the knobs on my LMII or F1/F500 once I dial in any slight EQ adjustments for the room acoustics.

http://www.youtube.com/Kjungbass#p/u/4/-eUrmYZlSnY

4. Whitbass

Whitbass

Jan 22, 2010
    Great! Thanks a bunch Ken....:D