1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LMII/Avatar 4X10 as a hard rock/metal amp. (audio inside)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sound Chaser, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Personally, I think it excels. At everything, really, but I haven't heard it pushed so much for that. Check out this crappy live recording to hear how great it sounds:

http://www.myspace.com/oapd1

It's my project band for a class at school, we call ourselves Omnipresent Ambient Phaser Drone. Check song 3 for what I consider the most versatility and best tone.

Just kind of doing this to prove how good the amp sounds for, well, everything.

(Warwick Corvette Passive Bubinga w/S-D Hot Stack pickups)

2. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    30 views and no comments? C'mon you guys are better than that! Gimme some feedback, opinions, silly rhymes, anything!

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i have the same setup, ill comment in more detail later!

4. The sound is a little messy (due to myspace, recordings, etc.) but I heard the bass alone and it sounded good!

5. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Bump.

Mostly because as a guy who plays metal I couldn't find a lot of info on the amp in this context so I want to provide it for others.

6. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    sounds pretty good to me, man.