1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LMII + Berg Mini Stack!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dr Stankface, Feb 27, 2008.

1. I've been running my LMII with the single HT112 for a few weeks now and have been pleased with it overall but have felt that it needed a little something extra.

So I just purchased an EX112 from Nickybass and this rig came ALIVE! Such a full sound with plenty of lows to play with.

There's a reason this stack is legendary! :hyper:

2. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Ya, just getting a second driver makes a huge difference in the sweetness of the sound. I've got a Markbass combo with only one speaker and it sounds great but I like to hear at least two speakers flappin' to make the sound come alive.

3. That's been my rig for a while: LM2 + HX +EX

Killer rig!

I just bought a Genz 6.0 to compare w/ the LM2 on the stack. They're both the bomb.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That is, indeed, a great matchup. :cool:

5. bassblast

bassblast

Feb 25, 2008
    NY/NJ
    My LMII with my EPI-212 is punch city!

6. this interests me... i'm starting to think about trading in my Bag End stack for something less middy.

7. azwhofan

azwhofan Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Arizona
    I recently bought an LMII and am using the same speakers. I no longer have issues about being heard over the band, and I am fighting a guitarist who is using an Electro-Voice EV12L (the L stands for LOUD!!!).
    This rig makes my Ken Smith come alive :hyper:

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    If you want more extended low end, you may want to check out the new HT112ER/EX112ER, or else two AE112's.

Tom.

9. I think if I pick up an AE410 for the arena sized gigs, i'll be set for cabs. :)

These cabs are freakin' unreal.

10. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Thats my set up + another 2x15 re-Eminenced Acoustic run by a MB TA501. The Berg mini is great, but its the 2x15 that allows the notes to be FELT.
    07BassRig.