1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

LMII di issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ebladeboi123, Sep 26, 2008.

1. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    My DI on my LMII doesn't work... Has anyone else found this problem? I bought it used awhile ago and I usually just use my Radial JDI but this weekend the sound guys wanted me to go right out of my head... Is this a pretty easy fix or should I just bring it in to a shop and have them deal with it? The sound is great, but the DI just doesn't work, it's kinda frustrating... I got a really good deal on it, so I'm not too worried (like 300?)

Thanks in advance...
    Danny

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Five choices:

1. Take it to an MB authorized service center for warranty repair.

2. Try to fix it yourself.

3. Take it to any amp shop.

4. Live without the built-in DI.

5. Sell the amp, disclosing the fault, and buy another one.

Do you want us to all vote, or do you think you can make your own decision here?

3. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    This might be the first time I've ever heard of a sound man asking for a head's built-in DI instead of a good stand-alone DI.

The early LMIIs were rumored to have some shaky DI electronics. Ken will be along any minute to give us details. Mine is about a year old, and I have not had any problems.

$300 was a crazy good deal. Maybe the other guy knew about the bad DI. You already own a good external DI, and to my initial point, I doubt you will keep seeing FOH guys asking for the head's DI instead. You have to weigh the hassle of being without the head for an indeterminate period of time (and, is the warranty transferrable in the first place?) against just carrying around the Radial, which seems to be what you were doing anyway.