1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LMII Little Mark - Cabient Question 212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by petersenbass, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Anyone use a LMII with a GK Neo 212 by itself? I'm wondering if it would be enough at 8ohms for everything I do.
    I'm also considering a 21012L,1212L, maybe an Epifini 310, an Epifani 2x10NYC/PS115 stack, Epifani NYC 2x12,

I've used the LMII with an 8ohm Hartke 410TP (stays in the leaky trailer)cab for a cover/party trio that gets a little loud. It was great for 95% of those gigs. The bandleader just got a nice trailer. so I can use a nice cab with the trio and my other band...
    But I have a Led Zep Tribute band that is begging for a 4ohm setup.

I sold the Hartke, and I still have my pair of GS112s. I just want one relatively lightweight (<70lbs) cab solution.

I really like the punch and efficiency of the Schroeders. The LMII only goes to 4ohms, so I'm wondering if
    one Schroeder will cut enough with the ZepTrib with no PA support. Our guitar player is pretty reasonable with his 4x12,
    my brother(the drummer) has a Bonham Edition Ludwig kit that can fill up a lot of sonic space.

I have the pair of GS112's that I've used a couple times. I'm going to try the setup one more time live. I'm not sure if it's exactly what I'm looking for.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    For a Zep tribute, the wattage should be OK, but I'd add more speakers than a single 212, especially if you have no PA. Moving air is every bit as important as wattage, maybe more so.

3. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    I just got the Schro 1212L to replace my 2 Ashdown 2x10s. Used it for the first time last night at a rehearsal with my 7 piece covers band, amazing! With the main EQ flat and the VPF at nearly 9 o'clock it sits in the mix in it's own space and is really articulate, I only had the master at just past 9 o'clock. You get really good close monitoring from it too. I've got the 4 ohm version, so just for fun I dimed the master on my LMII, clear, no distortion, but it could blow your clothes off if you stood too close! The guys who distributes Schroes in the UK is the bass player (and other instruments) of a Zep trib band here, LedZepToo. If you go for a Schro don't expect it to sound fantastic on its own in your lounge without turning the VPF up quite a bit, it's not a cab built to sound particularly pretty at home, this is for live use with other musicians. The tone hound guitarist in my band really liked it too, it's a keeper.

4. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    +1 on the 1212L. I believe it will be loud enough. As stated above, it needs to be judged in a band setting. Another Schro option (which would move more air and be modular but pricier) would be an 8 ohm 12 and an 8 Ohm 15+L.

5. Well,so far the Zep Band (www.myspace.com/thablackdog) has had PA support because we've always done clubs.
    We're doing a weddign reception (I know,cool wedding huh), and the PA we're using isn't huge. It's big enough for me to put a hair of bass in them.
    I think most of the time we'll be in clubs with PA. Luckily the g**tar player values his hearing.

Someone buy my GS112's