1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LMII + SWR GIII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chadds, Mar 28, 2009.

1. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Okay, went to the Kennedy Center last night. Saw the Edmar Castaneda Trio. OMG.
    Edmar on Harp with a smokin drummer/percussionist and a trombonist.

The Harp was going through this LMII and SWR GIII dark grille.
    Wow what a sound. Looked like the Harp was piezoed with an additional BP-100 exteriorly mounted near the bass strings. This went though some kind of Boss chorus effect, BP floor eq pre and a Boss tuner. He used the tuner a lot as he had new strings. The LMII and SWR GIII provided an accurate representation of what he wanted us to hear. After hearing the quality of sound this put out I wouldn't hesitate to us this for upright or electric bass especially extended range instruments.

If you think you can play some bass you got to hear this guy. Low deep South American Latin Bass and sharp funky percussive plucks right near it's "bridge" giving a Bass Harpsicord type sound. Meanwhile his right hand is playing like the angels! A sound between flaminco guitar and R&B strumming, all actually indescribable.

All I can say is OMG.
    I realize this thread spans many TB forum categories simultaneously so please bare with me.:meh:

2. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    This should illustrate!