LMII thru Ampeg 8x10?? (+ Goldentone bassmaster/Fender Bassman)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MarkyDynaBass, Oct 11, 2011.

1. MarkyDynaBass

MarkyDynaBass

Mar 19, 2009
    Melbourne
    I'm recording this weekend and the studio has an Ampeg 8x10 cab. Would my LMII be enough to power that coffin?

Also has a couple of vintage amps: Fender silver-face Bassman 100 head, and Goldentone Bassmaster 40 head with original 2 x 12 speaker cab. I'm thinking I'll try them out and maybe split the signal to go through the LMII and one of them. Good idea or time waster?

2. DI straight to board IMO, but if you really wanna mic one of the cabs go ahead

3. MarkyDynaBass

MarkyDynaBass

Mar 19, 2009
    Melbourne
    Yeah DI is what I usually do, (always makes me wonder why I've spent a few grand on amps/cabs ;) this is a kinda rare recording where we're doing as much of it 'live' to get our raw sound rather than the polished studio thingy.

4. Well in that case, I would still advise a DI line but Mic one of the amps and cabs as well, you can combine the two signals or even just use the Mic'd line if it is good enough but at least you will have the DI line for security. If you're trying to get YOUR raw sound then your amp and cab are probably the best ones to use...

5. It will sound great!

I used a LMII with an 8x10e for a year and it sounded nice.

6. +1. I've used the LMII to power my NV215, sounded great!

7. blastjv

blastjv

Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    I tried an LMII through my SVT810AV and it sounded great. I agree that if you want YOUR sound live, then bring all your own gear to start with. Often, doing a "Live in Studio" recording they might want to just run the bass DI anyway to prevent bleed into the other mics...

-JV

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021