1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

LNR Music?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bobby King, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Bobby King

Bobby King Supporting Member

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    After reading about LNR Music on this site, I ordered a set of Animas from them online last Friday morning and paid with Paypal. I didn't receive any order confirmation so I emailed Monday morning and called later that day and left a voice mail message. No response. Left another voice mail today. No response so far.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this place and if this is typical?

Thanks.

2. bassame

bassame

Mar 25, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    It is not typical, but it is a one man operation.

3. I had the exact same experience last week with a different string dealer, when I finally did get a confirmation, it was to tell me my paypal was credited back again. That made me happy, but I don't know why some people are even in business. Thankfully, all the more well-known dealers mentioned here on the forum, have been perfect in their c/s.

gomez

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    If LNR is a one man shop there could be reasons for not contacting you (like flu, family emergency, hospitalization, etc).

Give them a little time (unless you're in a hurry for the stuff).

I know that with the internet, I'm the same way, I want instant gratification. I was immediate notification that my order has been placed and I want to know when it's shipping and when it's going to be at my front door. But sometimes we forget that many companies are not as automated as some of the big ones and there's a human on the other end manually inputting the order.

5. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    The guy who runs LNR is cool; I've dealt with him on several occasions, and he's a stand-up guy. (He is Schertler's sole US rep, after all). He may be out-of-town for a week or something, in which case I can't imagine why he wouldn't put some indication on his website. But LNR is certainly no fly-by-night kind of place.

6. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I dealt with Lou once or twice. He was a pleasure to do business with. Based on my personal experience, I'd say don't worry. Remember there are both advantages and disadvantages to dealing with a one-man shop.

7. PB+J

PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    I ordered a set of animas from LNR--great price--and though the paypal the through, I heard nothing from KLNR.So I emailed them and heard back that the animas were back ordered and should be back in stock in a week. Lo and behold, there they were a week later, at my door.

8. bluegreenturtle

bluegreenturtle

Mar 15, 2003
    Oregon
    There is no way in the world that Lou is anything but a stand-up guy - don't worry, he will take care of you. It's possible that he is out of town or didn't get the order, etc, any of a bunch of reasons.

9. Bobby King

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    That's what I was thinking. But if you're going to take orders and payment over the Internet, you shouldn't be incommunicado.

10. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    As Bobby says. One reason BobG has such a devoted following is his tremendous customer service.

11. Bobby King

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I finally reached Mr. Roten this morning and he's sending the strings. He had been out of town. My recommendation: place orders by telephone.

12. bassame

bassame

Mar 25, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    Don't worry ----- Be Happy!:cool:

13. Bobby King

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I got my Animas today and I am really enjoying them. To Mr. Roten's credit, once he was back home he shipped them quite promptly.

14. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    So it took a total of a week from the time of your order to them arriving at your door? That's not too bad actually.... Good luck with the Animas!

15. robert.o

robert.o

Jul 19, 2005
    Manchester NH
    I saw this thread after ordering stings from LNRMusic / Lou Roten

I spoke with Lou Roten on the telephone on August 18, 2011 about a set of
    Velvet Garbo Light strings.
    He said if I ordered them within a few days, he could place an order with Velvet
    the following week and I would have my strings in approximately 3
    weeks. I paid him via PayPal that day.

I called him again on September 23 and was informed that he
    had not yet ordered the strings, would do so the following week and
    that I could expect them in a little more than 2 weeks, but in less
    than 3.

I emailed him on October 4th asking for a status update -- no reply.
    I also tried calling him -- he did not pick up the phone and his answering machine was not accepting messages.

Assuming the worst, I decided to file a claim through PayPal. At this point, i was past my 45-day time limit to file a complaint. I called PayPal and they actually accepted my late claim. They give the seller 10 days to reply. It appears that Mr Roten never responded. I received an email from PayPal today informing me that they have settled in my favor.