1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Loaded 62 RI MIJ Fender Jazz body Olympic White

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by RNG1, Nov 11, 2018.

1. RNG1

RNG1

Mar 1, 2015
    Price:
    $300
    Bought this from another TB member and never used it as I found something else that I had to have right after I got it. This is in great shape except for 1 ding on the top edge part that would face you if you were looking down while playing. It is in the exact condition as when I purchased it and paid a little more. Put on 08E30400-E119-411A-82DC-7FC3C5776A8F. a neck and strings and you’ve got a quality bass.
    Need to clean up around here. Willing to hear offers. Thanks.

2. GentProvocateur

GentProvocateur Supporting Member

What's the line between the bridge pup and the bridge?

3. RNG1

RNG1

Mar 1, 2015
    Previous owner put one of those flat ribbon ground wires as the pickups are single coil and it reduces noise to ground to the bridge which then grounds to your fingers when you play. I’ve heard this is useful although I’ve never done it on other basses with single coils I’ve had. I can post a closeup pic if you want but you can zoom in and see it pretty clearly.

GentProvocateur likes this.
  4. GentProvocateur

GentProvocateur Supporting Member

Cool! I've never heard of those :thumbsup:

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    The copper strip goes to a shield underneath the bridge pickup which has a ground wire that attaches to the back of a pot. They did this as opposed to drilling from under the bridge to the control cavity. More or less it is the same thing. I like the vibe though... there should be a JB-62 stamp in the neck cavity, do you know why that is missing ? And what is the weight of the body?

6. RNG1

RNG1

Mar 1, 2015
    I just found the original thread which has some weight information and some additional pictures but I’m drawing a blank on how to copy that link here. Standby...

7. RNG1

RNG1

Mar 1, 2015
    Thanks, still can’t figure out how to do that....

8. RNG1

RNG1

Mar 1, 2015
    If someone buys one of the 2 necks I have listed for sale you could have a nice bass for around $400....

9. RNG1

RNG1

Mar 1, 2015
    Holiday season price drop!