SOLD Loaded Bronco Body (black)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by astack, Apr 22, 2018.

1. astack

astack

Nov 12, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Price:
    Got this bass via CL a few months ago mainly to use the neck for a project. The body is in pretty good condition. Just a couple small dings, a little buckle rash, and a small crack in the pickguard; see pictures. The cavity is shielded with copper shielding tape, which I don’t believe is stock. I believe the rest is all stock. Will also include the neck plate.

Electronics are tested and work.

$45 paypal plus actual shipping. I’m in St. Louis city if you want to pick it up locally. Open to reasonable offers and maybe trades.

66FECFDC-4EAA-482C-84F2-52FDE6701A8B.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    slappahdabass likes this.
  2. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    Standard Fender Precision/Jazz sized neck pocket?

3. astack

astack

Nov 12, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    I’ll check when I get home, but I don’t think so. It’s a short scale 19 fret bass. I do know it’s slightly different than a 70’s Mustang neck I had.

Cutter8 likes this.
  4. astack

astack

Nov 12, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Pocket width is 2-1/4”, depth is (what I believe is standard) 5/8”. But again, it’s a 19 fret SS, so fairly certain a standard 20 fret 34” scale P or J neck is not gonna drop in.

9B2B5AF3-2C04-4FCC-84A9-C4BF8BCC04D8.jpeg 99936C2A-A16E-417A-8776-88A0A33C2C75.jpeg

Cutter8 likes this.
  5. Cutter8

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    Thanks for providing those details and info...

6. reddog

reddog

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    FYI.. i have a medium scale sx neck that will fit this body. $85? Move the bridge.. and you're in business!. Contact me if you want to buy. Together you could have a cool, inexpensive, moddible medium scale bass.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  7. Cutter8

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    I would, but I am looking to do a medium scale 4-to-5 string conversion and the neck wouldn't be wide enough. Thanks for offering and GLWTS.
    On a different note, I must say I'm curious to know what you built with the neck off of the Bronco! :D

8. astack

astack

Nov 12, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Not sure if this is to me or Cutter, but I'm all good on necks.

Resurrecting my Gibstang after selling off the baseball bat 70's Mustang neck last year. The small Bronco neck should be perfect (although I need to shave it down slightly to fit my neck pocket or vis versa).

The Gibstang: EB0-meets-Mustang frankenbuild (Novak EB-BS content)

Body still available!

9. Cutter8

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    Kinda cool! Of course Broncson or Gibronco don’t have quite the ring that Gibstang does ;)

10. Are necks hard to find for this? I've never messed with one, but am thinking of building a cheap short scale bass for my 10 year old niece who's taking some interest in music recently.

11. astack

astack

Nov 12, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    They’re commonly used as a basis for modding, so I’d think various parts will show up from time to time.

12. astack

astack

Nov 12, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Price drop. Get this thing out of my house!

13. reddog

reddog

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    $$ sent

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022