1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Loaded Jaguar Body-Black-PJ-Active-90$ Shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is a great way to get into a cool mod project cheap , these are pretty nice basses , made by squier-This body is brand new but it has some finish issues there are hairline cracks in the paint , one running almost full width , another by the bridge , 2 by the upper horn and one by the pickup-The bass was "lost" in shipping and my guess is it sat in super cold weather and it looks like the cracks developed where screw holes are, i guess you can call it checking if you want and throw it in a freezer to get it all over the body and relic it , my plan was a LPB refinish.

Besides that its brand new , super light and yes it all works.

only 90$ Shipped CONUS

2. I tried to photgraph the thin cracks but it was very hard

001-53.

002-55.

003-48.

3. TC424

TC424

Jun 24, 2010
    Holtwood, PA
    Any other time of the year I would jump on this. 2 weeks before Christmas I have to be cautious.

4. I understand that for sure , I am in the same position about buying things as well

5. ttt i will also sell it part by part if you want anything let me know, active preamp , pickups etc

6. ttt , I am bored and have a heat gun , someone save me from stripping this

7. yamark

yamark

Jun 6, 2009
    Lancaster, KY
    question...
    how hard do you think it'll be to put a standard fender neck on this?

8. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Alnico pickups ?

9. I am not sure if the alnico or not , a standard fender neck should be a drop in replacement as squiers are built to fender specs.

BTW I post the preamp/pots, knobs, battery, battery box and the jazz pickup all for 35$ shipped , great way to mod a cheap P bass.

10. 64jazz

64jazz

Nov 29, 2011
    Louisville, KY USA
    Dude, check your pm's! :hyper:

11. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    You'll need a squared heel fender neck as an older squier neck I had didn't fit it with it's rounder heel.

Here's what's possible with this body and a VM P neck.

Attached Files:

12. Pending to 64jazz

I will have another one of these soon

13. Are you saying that all Squier basses use a square heel? P's J's and Jag's? Or do only Squier Jag's use the square heel? This is news to me...

I had a Squier VM 70's Jazz and the heel was rounded if I remember correctly.

Thanks!

14. SOLD.

No not all squiers use a square heel i dont get what he means by his post.

I will leave the thread open for your discussion but the body is SOLD

15. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Correct they don't all use a square heel. I bought the same body and it used a square heel. I tried an older squier neck I had first and it didn't work because the neck was rounded, the VM P neck I got fits fine because it's squared. Make sense?

16. Sure, I'm asking though which Squiers have a square heel and which have rounded? Does the square heel it follow certain models? or certain years?

Thanks!

17. Well thats kinda a fluke , the only really fenders/squiers with square heels are the VM tele bass CV 50s P , fender sting bass , fender 51 reissue, fender telecaster bass etc.

Its really strange that a rounded heel like ) didnt fit as the pocket in these are rounded but a square ] heel did fit. I am guessing yours was routed off or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.