1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Loaded jazz body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by maxschrek, Feb 24, 2016.

1. maxschrek

maxschrek Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    Price:
    $80
    Bound Ash(?) jazz body in trans red, rear loaded controls with guts and pups from an early MIM Fender standard and high mass bridge. This body isn't 100% free of issues but it bolts up to a neck and plays very nicely. This is a fantastic foundation for a custom project at a comfortable price. The guy I got it from said he thought it was mahogany but the grain doesn't look like it and its too heavy.
    Anywho, like I said, very affordable start for a Frankenjazz. $80 shipped.

image.

Orange Caesar and pudge like this.
  2. what are the "issues"? anything beyond scuffs/bumps?

3. maxschrek

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    A tiny stress crack at the tone pot mounting hole and the neck pocket being a little sloppy are the main things. It's not too terribly dinged up otherwise.

4. 123321

123321 Am Comfortably Dumb...

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    I remember several of these from eBay again several years ago. I believe they were listed as alder (which can vary in weight). They are also bound. Hey, I looked at them so they must be a bit of cool... :smug::cool:;)

In response to OP post below (so as to not "clutter" the thread), origin of manufacture was one thing not reflected in the listings. I'm guessing about 7 years ago but, I can't think of a point of reference in time... Dig the 20 fret (Fender style) neck specs. Unlike the 21 fret Canadian jobs on eBay touted as Fender replacements...:confused:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    maxschrek likes this.
  5. maxschrek

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    Ah, ok, cool. I have absolutely no info about this thing! Do you remember if there was any reference to origin? I'm guessing it's Indonesian, the build quality suggests such, as in it's pretty decent but not quite as good as USA or MIJ.

6. dusterdan

dusterdan

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    What's the control layout, typical jazz? VVT?

7. maxschrek

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    Yep.

8. maxschrek

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    I'm certainly not above reasonable offers:)

9. highway

highway

Aug 20, 2008
    are the pickup routes sized for standard american fender jazz? ie: bridge pu is longer than the neck pu? so it can take basically all of the aftermarket pickups for sale...

do you have an idea on the weight as well? you mentioned it to be too heavy to be mahogany, but mahogany is pretty heavy iirc.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  10. maxschrek

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    I believe the pickup routes are two sizes, I'll check to make sure this evening when I get in.
    It's heavier than my Tbirds, my Hamer B4s and my Les Paul bass, all of which are Mahogany. It isn't as heavy as maple though. With the current loaded neck that's on it, it weighs at or around 10lbs.
    If you have back problems, I'd move on;)