1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Loaded SX or Essex PBass Body - 3 Tone Sunburst - Nice!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by SRT80, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale is my SX SPB62 Body.

I put a aftermarket tortoise pickguard on. I had to do some filing with my dremel around the neck pocket and the pickup cavity. It's not the nicest job, but looks ok. I also had to drill new holes for the pickguard.

I put a wired pickup assembly from a Squier Classic Vibe 60's Bass. The pickup is listed on the Fender site as a Custom Precision Bass Split Single-Coil Pickup with AlNiCo 5 Magnets. I actually like the sound I got from these pickups better than the stock SX. I had to use my dremel to make a route from the pickup cavity to the control cavity so I could drop these pickups right in without havin' to re-solder anything. All extra holes and route is covered by the pickguard.

Also included but not pictured is the stock SX white pickguard and the SX neckplate and screws.

There are some light scratches here and there. Nothin' major. The main spot would be around the bridge from where I had a bridge cover on. Also some scratches around bridge from removing/installing strings. These scratches really aren't a issue and not that bad in my opinion. As always, I try and list things the best I can without leaving anything out.

$85 shipped to lower 48 states.

Thanks,
    Steve

SXBODY1.

SXBODY2.

SXBODY3.

2. And gone!!!

Thanks,
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.