1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Loaded Vintage White Jazz body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by funkingroovin, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Vintage White(ivory) SX Jazz body,stock except for a Fender USA Tort 'guard and foil-tape cavity shielding w/ground wire soldered to the bridge p'up cavity..Very good condition,"long/short" p'up routes,works with Fender necks,5lbs loaded weight..

--Points of interest--
    The body has a few teensy-tiny dimples by the tone control that I can't get to show up in photos. Truly,you can't see them from more than six inches away..

The stock p'ups are included,I just haven't re-installed them. As soon as I got it,I pulled them and installed my favored Fralins before ever plugging it in. I don't know how they sound,but I have another SX J with stock guts that I find to have a hiss-free vintage sound/tonal range

The tort pickguard has three holes that didn't line up with the body's screw holes..I simply left those out as 7 screws hold the 'guard quite well. The pup route on the tort 'guard will need a little sanding to accept the stock p'ups,as they are 1/32" longer than the route. DiMarzio's,Fralin's,and Fen.USA p'ups fit perfectly..The stock W/B/W pickguard will be included as well..

The neck pocket measures 2 17/32",literally a hair's width over the standard 2 1/2"..I've had Fender,Squier,Warmoth,and of course SX necks on this body,and they all fit fine..

Quick pic(shown w/DiMarzios) and detailed photos http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd381/funkingroovin/Vintage%20White%20SX%20J%20body/
    DSC00701.JPG
    --Shipped/insured via UPS ground--$100

2. funkingroovin

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Bump for the least expensive Jazz body on TalkBass!!

3. funkingroovin

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Sold! Thanks MW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.