Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Loading pictures on this site

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ned Starks Head, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Ned Starks Head

Ned Starks Head Yis, actually.

Sep 25, 2004
    Charlotte NC
    This may seem like a stupid question, but I can't load pics like some that I see on here. I can use the "manage attachments" section under the additional options for little tiny pics, but when i try to "insert image" in the above area a box pops up that says:
    Script Prompt:
    enter the text to be formatted
    [​IMG]

*** do I enter??? The picture file name doesn't work. I'm not new to this type of thing, this is the only site that gives me problems. I'm pulling out what little hair I have left.
    I'm a supporting member, other supoprting members have nice pics that aren't links.

help

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    IMG tags are used around a website that features a picture. Go to google.com, search for images, find the image and expand it as it's own page and then post that web address in the IMG tags.

3. Basically what he is saying, copy and paste the address of the picture you want to post into the "reply to thread" area. Then put [​IMG] after the address.

There is also an icon "insert an image" if you copy and paste the address there it will automatically put the tags in.

This address: http://www.visi.com/~timf/Stupid.jpg

will look like this with the tags.
    [​IMG]

4. Ned Starks Head

Sep 25, 2004
    Charlotte NC
    Well, what do you know.....it works. I knew I was being stupid. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Thanks!

5. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Do you think the people in the two pics above know each other?

6. Ned Starks Head

Sep 25, 2004
    Charlotte NC
    Know each other?

Hell, more like relatives a couple times over.