1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Local 17 year old deemed sex offender for streaking

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    This is bull ****, flat out. I can't find an article about this because it's local and we're a small town, but... wow.

At a local high school football game, a kid came up to the officer who was supervising the game. It's a small town, and they essentially hired a cop to work at the school. The kid says to the officer, "Hey! What would happen if I ran across this football field naked?" The officer laughed, "Ha, I'd probably have to arrest ya." He didn't really seem too concerned, a rather light hearted offense judging by the officers response.

The kid instantly started running from the officer and taking his clothes off. Sure enough, the kid streaked. Brass balls telling a cop you are going to do it, then doing it. Hilarious, everyone got a laugh out of it.

When he was caught, they determined since there were children at this football game, he technically exposed himself to minors. For being a dumb ass 17 year old high school kid, every time he moves he is going to have to tell his neighbors he is a sex offender.

What the hell is wrong with this society where we can have billboards and TV adverts with simulated sex, but a naked man running around is deemed a sex offender. I am just completely shocked about this. I mean, we are born naked, I don't think if I saw a naked guy running around a football game when I was 5 that I would have nightmares about it, I'd probably laugh, like the football audience did.

It just really sucks that this kid's life is going to be very difficult from now on.

2. wow :meh:

3. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I think there is something wrong with the kid and worrying about being labeled a sex offender should be pretty low on his list of priorities. He should be more concerned with figuring out what is going on in his own head that he feels compelled to do things like this that 3 year olds typically do for a laugh.

When you are 17, running around naked in a crowded stadium so you can show off your wee-wee to hundreds of strangers is a sign of something askew.

4. In all honesty, any 5 year old at the game wouldn't have known what was going on. A few of my friends got caught streaking during a high school assembly and they only had to do a few hours of community service, imposed by the school (couldn't graduate unless they did it). The cops weren't even involved. Everyone had a good laugh at the time and we laughed even harder when they told us that they made them sit in the office naked until their parents came and picked them up. They couldn't find their clothes.

lowsound

5. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    I disagree, steaking is a sporting tradition.

6. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois

Is it? I'm not a prude by any means and I have nothing at all against nudity but the only thing I've seen in pop culture about streaking is when some nut runs out onto the field at the World Series or something. I don't get it.

7. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    It happened quite a lot over here. I think it's something to do with the freedom of being naked and the exhibtionistic thrill of doing it in front of thousands.

8. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Streaking is distinct from naturism or nudism in that streakers usually intend to be noticed and may choose a place with a large audience for their act, regardless of the risk of arrest (sometimes even intending to be remanded into police custody), whereas naturists and nudists generally prefer to be left in peace. It is also distinct from "flashing," in that the intent is generally not to shock or traumatize a victim. Streakers may streak only once or a few times, possibly as a result of a dare, or may streak so often it can be considered a hobby.

The first recorded incident of streaking by a college student in the United States occurred in 1804 at Washington College (now Washington and Lee University), when senior George William Crump was arrested for running nude through Lexington, Virginia, where the university is located. Robert E. Lee later sanctioned streaking as a rite of passage for young Washington and Lee gentlemen. Crump was suspended for the academic session, but would later go on to become a U.S. Congressman and Ambassador to Chile. -- Wikipedia

I stand corrected. :meh:

9. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Poor kid, I hope he sues the holy **** out of your town.

10. Another reason why the American Government sucks.

11. Oh this politically correct world we live in...

Why can't people just have stupid fun anymore? Streaking is just a fun prank, and it doesn't even destroy property or hurt anyone, yet they give him the same treatment as a PETIFILE

:scowl:

12. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Fixed it for ya...

MM

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Couldn't have said it better myself. I think there is quite a difference from people who streak at a football game and people who expose themselves to children.

14. Meagan's Law, Jessica's Law, Ryan's Law ... all way overblown and counter productive. There will be a day that every one of those "laws" will finally be deemed "unconstitutional" and an "invasion of privacy".. and rightfully so. Tell me WHY we have sex offender web sites that "protect" society, yet no one seems to be a bit concerned about the 12 million or so illegal aliens living here in the U.S.? Where are the web sites telling ME where THEY are?

15. because they're illegal aliens and it's harder to track down people you dont have records on maybe? This is Jose, you probably have never seen him before and never will. He is...oh wait, where did he go.

16. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    That is the dumbest thing I've read all week. streaking is seriously harmless!

17. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    For one thing, it's a small town where there's probably little excitement. So the cops have to find a way to justify their salaries.

More to the point, what we have here is a Puritanical standard of sexual morality coexisting uncomfortably with the rampant commercialization of sex as a marketing tactic. It's the same kind of inconsistent, multiple-standard hypocrisy that would condone sending a kid to prison for 25 years for possessing a few ounces of weed or a few dozen hits of LSD...while the tobacco, alcohol and pharmaceutical industries are allowed to flourish in business as usual - as long as they have enough lawyers, lobbyists and slush funds to go around... :rolleyes:

MM

18. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    I walked up to the sarge, I said "sarge, you got a lotta damn gall to ask me if I rehabilitated myself- I mean.. I mean! I MEAN I'm sitting here on the bench! Sitting here on the group W bench and you're wondering if I'm moral enough to join the army and burn women and children's houses and villages after being a streaker"

He said "shut up, kid"

19. JacobE

JacobE

Jul 19, 2008
    if he has a good enough lawyer he'll probably get that charged downgraded to indecent exposure unless the judge is a real douche,

20. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Was it this guy?

WorldsScariestSexOffender.