1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Local Atlanta Sale Only, Custom Bass Blowout, Kudela Bolt-on Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tanner5382, May 22, 2020 at 8:06 PM.

1. Tanner5382

Tanner5382 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello, up for sale is the nicest bass I have ever owned, truly, and the last one I own. Over the last couple of years I have gone through some life changes, and playing music is no longer relevant, important or enjoyable to me. I have held on to this for a few reasons. Once again, it's the nicest bass I've had and it plays and feels great. I also have fond memories of spending time with Steve Kudela, the builder. He is a great man and a great luthier. That being said, I really just haven't been playing for a long time and have no plans to do so in the future. It deserves a good home where it will be played, which is one why I'm offering it at a good price. I want to "pay it forward" a bit, as they say, especially in these bizarre times. The other reason, is you'll have to do a small bit of work, but nothing too major. I had aftermarket pickups wound by a local maker and epoxyed in to the wood covers, but it didn't turn out well. The pickups never sounded good and were very weak. The good news is, however, that I still have the original bartolini pickups and electronics that you can reinstall. I do not have a case or gig-bag for this bass to my knowledge, but I can check around my storage. Also, the bass has a strap lock system installed but I can't seem to find the strap locks themselves. These things reflect the price. I feel my price is very fair for the quality of this instrument, but if you'd like, feel free to make an offer and I will indeed consider it. The bass has Hipshot hardware. I'm sorry if anyone far away sees this and is interested, but I have never shipped an instrument and seeing as this is my last bass I am going to sell I really don't feel like attempting that at this point. Perhaps at some point if need be I will consider shipping but I am hesitant to do so. I am trying to keep this a local sale or a meet-up somewhere in between sale if possible. Thank you very much for your time.

K1.jpg

K2.jpg

K3.jpg

K4.jpg

K5.jpg

feschyn, bbh, kobass and 2 others like this.
  2. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    If this was a 5 or 6 it would be coming to my house today

jebmd and Tanner5382 like this.
  3. Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    I feel ya!

4. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Nice! What is the scale length?

5. Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Lol, sorry. In my long post I didn't give much info about the actual bass! 34" scale length. Body is alder, fretboard is padauk. The stringers are purpleheart, and the middle stripe IIRC is mahogany.

mikewalker likes this.
  6. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    PM sent.

Tanner5382 likes this.
  7. Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    And sold! Thank you so much to Cutter8! Great TB'er folks, don't hesitate to deal with him! Very polite gentleman. I hope you enjoy it!