1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LOCAL CL AD IS THIS A DEAL??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sirmike75, Mar 18, 2010.

1. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
  2. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    IT'S NOT A BAD DEAL FOR THAT BASS. THAT'S A PRETTY GOOD BASS AND I THINK YOU MIGHT WANT TO HOP ON IT IF YOU HAVE THE CASH. I DON'T PLAY SPECTORS BUT THEY'RE PRETTY GOOD ESPECIALLY THE EURO SERIES.

3. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm no expert on Spectors, but from quick online checking the MSRP for this instrument (I assume it's an LX5) is $2500 and the actual retail I'm seeing is about $1999. I'd say it depends on how heavily it's been used and what condition it's in if $1600 is a good price or not -- I don't think it's a huge steal, but not a bad deal if you have the cash.

4. Y in OT?

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'd pass at that price.

6. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    im thinking so too

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1. When I bought my Warwick $$ Corvette, it came down to the Warwick and the Spector Euro. It's a great bass. They were right around the same price at the time (2006). So that price seems quite high IMO.

8. nothing like making a post in the wrong section of the forum, asking a question in which you already supposed the answer. ca lassic.

9. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    tell me what does off topic mean???

10. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    and were should i have posted??

11. somewhere such as "basses"

off topic

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Off topic is for threads not relating to Bass or Music. Your best bet on where to place this would probably have been the Basses forum. Or if you found it hilarious, Bass Humor & Gig Stories.

13. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    nothing like another tb'r making a comment that has no actual opinion about the thread i guess u just have nothing to do , cla ssic

14. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    $1300 - a deal if you like the bass
    $1600 - pass for sure, even if you love it.

15. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    Off Topic [BG] (82 Viewing)
    Non-music-related discussion and chat

i asked if this bass seems high ...hows is this the wrong forum

16. I think you'll note that thread relevance in off topic is hardly a rarity.

17. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    It's about a bass guitar. It should be in the Bass forum, but no big deal. A mod will move it soon.

18. You'll note the "Non-Music Related". We have seperate sections for basses, amps, pickups, repair, and then there's Miscellaneous for music discussion.

Then there's Off Topic, which is for threads which do not fit any of the above threads.

But, as stated, a mod can move it for you. No biggie.

19. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    now i see why its called off topic ....because it def got off topic ...move it or not im done with it ..

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020