Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Local guy makes it big... in "Alter Bridge"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Myles Kennedy, from Spokane WA is a member of the new band "Alter Bridge" (with former members of Creed)..

Never met him, but he was a local guy and now he's in a monster band. They recently played here, and (although I didn't see the show) I'd imagine it was a memorable day for Myles and local music lovers.

Good for you Myles, hope it all works out well.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    A curse upon your town.

;)

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    is Alter Bridge really a "monster band"? i realize they came from leftover Creed scraps, but they don't seem that popular.

-Mike

4. When you open your eyes, and realise they are huge..... :scowl:

j/k

5. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Is it just me or do they seem like Creed 2.0?

6. Alrighty then.

:)

7. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    A pox on thy house!

Hey, Spokane gave us the first bass player from tool, back off.

8. i picked up the album.

Some great bass tones in there..

I kinda liked creed when they first came out.. but i couldnt stand the singer, Scott.

I like the sound of Miles voice tho, complements the band very well.
    The Guitarist has been practising as well..

I guess alot of guitarists give him alot of bashing like some of us do to Mark Hoppus and Fieldy.

but anyway.. good on him!!

9. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    with the help of a big record deal i bet they don't even move 100,000 copies

10. It's cool when a local guy gets some props. I'm happy for him, it's not everyday somebody who's been slugging it out in the trenches gets to get scooped up into something big.

Regardless of how many of us think that Creed blows, there's a much larger segment of the record buying populace that thinks "Creed Rocks!" so Alter Bridge has a built in audience- and, no offense Bimp, but they sound just like Creed. I don't expect them to sound any different- it's 3/4 of Creed with Stapp-ish vocals, isn't it?

How many times can I use the word "Creed" in 3 paragraphs in a post? :smug:

11. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Creed has some great bass lines, that is when the original bass player played on the recordings. I for one am glad to see Alter Bridge now that the original band is back (without the singer) and I think the new singer compliments the band very will.

12. I really liked Creed's debut and Human Clay. But, not much after that. Alter bridge has a catchy song, but they sound Just like Creed.

13. There's comedy....and then there's high comedy.....

Scott Stapp singing "God Bless America" at the World Series.

14. Myles was also in another band before called Mayfield Four.