1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Local indie music store closes- Black Friday indeed!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yonni, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Yonni

Yonni

Oct 31, 2016
    I went online to see if our local music store had a 1/4 size guitar for my son’s Christmas only to find that it went into administration this week. Has the internet finally killed local stores? Our other indie option downsized his store a few years back and now doesn’t have enough floorspace to guarantee he’ll have anything I need in stock. There are still a couple in town but one has such a bad rep that I don’t go there anymore and the other is a bit patchy on bass. The big chain in the UK (guitarguitar) is the best bet now. The staff there are good and if I travel through to the Glasgow store they have a decent range but I feel like there is no competition and therefore little choice. We may get stuff cheaper thanks to online stores but now I’ve lost another local resource who were well connected to the local scene. Add to that the advice you get from staff’s knowledge and experience and it feels like a big loss. Is this the same for you guys?