1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Local music near St.Clair Shores, MI

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mytmous, Apr 9, 2009.

1. mytmous

mytmous

Mar 10, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My wife and I will be travelling to the St. Clair Shores area the last weekend in April (24th- 26th) and we were going to look for some live music. We've never been to this area before (we live in Cincinnati, Oh) and I was hoping that some of you from that area might know of good hangouts or maybe you have a show that weekend. I would like to support the local musicians, but it would be even better to support a fellow TBer.

We both like Jazz, Blues, Funk, R&B, and general Pop/Rock stuff. I'm not a huge fan of the Metal/Thrash stuff, but I have respect for the genre. My wife however would blow a gasket for some 80's hair band stuff :rollno: Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

2. See whats at the Blue Goose (Jefferson btw Martin & 12 mile), Regular Boys are playing. Saw them many years ago, they were very good. R&B, Motown, 4 piece horn section.

Fishbones (Jefferson at 9 mile). 24th is a country band, 25th is Reggie Smith and the After Party. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=3790407 Not so crazy about them from what I heard on their myspace....

I'd go for the Regular Boys at the Blue Goose.

Too bad, dates almost work... my band (Driven Soul) is playing Fishbones on May 2...

Randy

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    I'm sure you can find some regular original and cover bands at any bar.

There's a venue in Mount Clemens called The Emeral Theater you can see who is playing there. Royal Oak you can usually find some decent bands. Best bet is to go to Detroit.

4. mytmous

mytmous

Mar 10, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Thanks for the input. I'm sure we'll track down something at one of these venues.

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It's the only weekend Some Kinda Jones is not playing out somewhere nearby.

6. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

It's not cheap, but the recently opened 'Dirty Dog' Jazz club in Grosse Pointe Farms (just a few miles down the road) is pretty cool. Some great regional and local acts play there Thursday-Saturday.

Fishbones is fun, and a much less expensive evening! Also, the Blue Goose is a great 'beer and classic rock' hang.