1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Local sale only - Sony 32" TV (tube)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by dave64o, Sep 28, 2008.

1. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I have a 32" Sony TV that I'm not using anymore. It's about 15 years old so it's not HD capable, but it has RCA video and audio, S-Video, and 75 ohm coax on the back as well as extra RCA video and stereo pin plugs in the front for video games, video camera, etc. I don't remember the line it's from, but it's the line that was below their XBR series at the time (same video, but without the internal sound system the XBRs had).

The only issue I know of with it is that the video input on the front is a little flaky. My son noticed this because he'd use it for video games but it once you plug something in and make the connection it's fine.

The reason I'm selling it is because we just moved and I planned to put it in the guest room for my parents, who visit pretty frequently. But the set is just to big to go in that room, so we decided to try to sell it and put that money toward a smaller LCD TV that won't take up nearly as much room. It would make a great second TV for non-HD use, such as in a basement rec room or for video games.

Price is $200 picked up (it's too large and heavy to pack and ship). It weighs about 150 lbs. and because of how the weight is concentrated in the front (heavy glass tube) it's awkward to carry. You'll need a friend to help you carry it when you get it home and you'll a minivan, SUV, or pickup truck to transport it there. I can help bring it out of my house into your vehicle.

I live in Marlton, NJ. If you want to try meeting in the middle somewhere, I'll consider driving about an hour to meet you, but you'll still need a vehicle to carry it in and someone to help you move it when you get it home.

I'll take PayPal if you want to do that (I have a confirmed account and a verified address) but since this is a pickup deal I think cash makes the most sense for both me and the buyer.