Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

locally owned radio station sticks it to Clear Channel!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    The locally owned rock station here in bakersfield Real Rock 93.1 FM got clear channel's bako rock station KRAB 106.1 pretty good in a commercial.

it went as such:

*insert that song by my chemical romance "im ok"*

Real rock: "Only 13 year old girls and KRAB give a crap about how my chemical romance feels!"

"im ooookaaaaayyy"

*slap sound*

"How are you now, bitch?"

----

:p

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    :confused:

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    it was a commerical by real rock dissing clear channel's KRAB... get it now?

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I got it the first time actually... I just hear it all the time down here (I work at a college campus station with a broadcast radius of 20 miles and our DJs do it a fair amount), so perhaps I'm just used to it and not finding it as humurous as it is. Oh well...

Ray

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Funny, but it hardly hurts clear channel. We had a station shift here recently, and there was a battle between the heavy station and the "wussy" alternative station. Well, this year, the alternative station switched to "No Rules Radio." This opened up their playlist to just about anything that is popular at campus around it. The heavy station became the alterna-heavy-pop-rock station. Now they really don't make fun of each other as much due to somewhat different markets.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think you need to be more sensitive to peoples' feelings, mike.

brad cook

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Sense this...

*Kick to the nuts*

HA HA.

:p

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    By the way, i award you 10 scene points for the whiniest emo biatch sentence evar.

9. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    That kind of sucks man, MCR are really nice guys trying to make it in the industry.

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

ya... but they are soooo emo.

11. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Nope, they actually have more punk and indie influence. Juliana Theory and Get Up Kids are examples of emo.

12. Ha, I heard that and thought it was pretty funny. I still think it sucks they fired Rocky though.

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

Meh... I thought she was obnoxious. I just hope she finds another gig here in town so preston stays with the puck show.

14. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Bleh. I hate Clear Channel. They owned the only modern rock station in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale market, WZTA 94.9 Zeta, and they killed it after 30 years of broadcasting to make room for a station with latin music, even though the market here already had 4 stations of the like. I heard they did the same thing in Houston too.

It ended up ok though, because 3 days after they killed it, a smaller radio chain, Cox Radio, converted a station that was playing party and dance music to a rock station that has dramatically less commericials than Zeta had and plays better music.

15. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Not trying to be mr. cool anti-radio guy here, but I've honestly never listened to the radio out here.

16. My Chemical Romance has some alright songs, I hate that "I'm not okay" song though, it's quite annoying.

17. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Mike, clean up the language on the boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.