1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Locating parts. [[picss!!]]

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XsorrowfoxX, Jun 1, 2007.

1. XsorrowfoxX

XsorrowfoxX

Apr 12, 2007
    Miami
    okay so just recently I changed the tuners on my sx jazz bass from chrome to black.

(chrome)
    4uy205l.gif

TO

(black)
    5y9d4cx.gif

And now I'm looking to change the stock chrome bridge on my jazz to a black one, so that the hardware can match.

Do any of you know a good place where I can get a cheap ( < 30$) black bridge that will fit in the standard fender five hole bridge slot?

Also, I'm looking for recommendations as to what kind of pickups I should get, since the ones I have now aren't the greatest.

2. Herrlster

Herrlster

Oct 27, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Why did you sand off the SX logo?

3. XsorrowfoxX

XsorrowfoxX

Apr 12, 2007
    Miami
  4. XsorrowfoxX

XsorrowfoxX

Apr 12, 2007
    Miami
    because i plan on purchasing a Jazz bass decal and setting it there.

5. It's going to look like that's what you did unless you make the wood tone consistent. And why would you anyway? Anyone who knows the diff between a Fender and an SX knows the deal with SX and that they are cool. And it's weird that you know where to get a chopped fender decal but not a black bridge. Oh well, good luck

6. XsorrowfoxX

XsorrowfoxX

Apr 12, 2007
    Miami

I plan on re-laquering it.

And I just want to do it because... uh.. I feel like it.

7. Hey, nothing wrong with redecaling if you feel the Fender logo's prettier (like me)...

8. XsorrowfoxX

XsorrowfoxX

Apr 12, 2007
    Miami
    amen

9. That's a very good answer. I still don't understand, but i don't have to/

10. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    x2 you would rather it look like a fake fender big time, then a fender copy?

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021