Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lockin for a sound like portishead bass player

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by polux, Sep 30, 2003.

1. polux

polux

Sep 30, 2003
    san luis arizona
    i got a john casady bass(epiphone) a 100w amp "ampeg" bass combo(ba-115sp) effects i got joemeek vc6q british channel and tech21.nyc samsamp bass driver di
    i start playing the bass guitar a year a go so i am beginner but i like the sound of the bass player of the group "portishead" so i am lokin for made my equiment sound like that.so please tell me what i got to do:D

2. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    K... Here we go...

Bass - Favor your bridge pup, and turn the tone all the way off. Also play towards the neck...

Amp - Set the bass at 4 o'clock, mid all the way up, and treble at 10-11 o'clock.

Sansamp - For some grit - set drive at 3 o'clock, bass at half, mid at 10-11 o'clock, treble at 2-3 o'clock, presance at 12 o'clock.

As for the Joe Meek (cool stuff!) I am not (ok, ok... Me, mr. knowitall) as familiar with the device to give you any hints... Its a preamp / compressor right?..

Cheers

Alex

3. polux

polux

Sep 30, 2003
    san luis arizona
    thanx very much---like i say a im not musician tne compresor joemeek i got it because i founded in a pawn shop so normaly cost 300 an something but there cost me only 150dlls. in the beginen we used to the keyboards but later the guy who play the keyboards left the group. so i started using the compresor and i like the sound.wnen i join the group a "use or play" the electonic part (sampler-turntable-novation synthesizer and em-1music productionstation)but we found a person who was realy in to those things, so i get the bass and start over again. i like the sounds of a good bass player(not the sounds that i made). like i said thanx very much for the tips they gonna help me a lot... im sorry for my inglish
    my new cuestion is if i have the oportunity to get new bass and new equipment. what is good for me(the music group where i play it sound like trip hop or electronic music with normaly analogue sounds)