locking straps for Musicman

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jolong, Apr 20, 2003.

1. jolong

Apr 20, 2003
    Tokyo, Japan
    I recently bought a Musicman Stingray 5-string bass. I want to add a locking strap system but do not want to replace the existing strap posts, would prefer to keep the originals. Do you know of any system that works with the Musicman posts? (other than the cheap plastic pieces that you can lock on after you've attached the strap).

2. You can buy straps that have straplocks at the ends instead of the usual leather/nylon tag with a hole in it, I think it is a piece of plastic, then you turn the lock around the strap button, like what you described, except these seem much more reliable..

or one, could try... the almighty...

in 2 new colors!

:D :rolleyes:
  3. If the posts on my Stingray were the same as yours, no there isn't any straplocks that will work without putting the new strap button on. You can get them in different finishes, and make sure you use the biggest screw driver you can so you don't strip the screws.

4. Kevinlane

Kevinlane Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Missouri, near Branson
    I think Jim dunlop offers or did offer some plastic keepers that will "lock" around your strap pin
  5. Stingray4Christ

Jan 28, 2003
    I just took the strap buttons off my StingRay5 and put Schaller Strap locks on. Works great!
  6. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Within 20mins of getting my stingray5 i took the stock buttons off & replaced them with the schallers [the stock screw should work]. If you get the chrome/nickel ones nobody can tell the difference unless if they know exactly what the stock buttons look like. That being said i have schallers on 1/2 of my basses [i have 4 basses]. Thats all
  7. i use jim dunlop strap locks myself, and no problems, schaller buttons are just as good i hear, and ive seen plenty of 'crazy' bassists running around with them.. :)