1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD LODESTONE PRIMAL ARTIST J 4 JAZZ - FRIGGIN SWEET!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MoonDoggy, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Registered Loser Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Lodestone is a sister company to Ashdown Amps and they are putting out some killer instruments. They are a UK company and I purchased this new from the only dealer in the US. That dealer has since stopped carrying Lodestone, so as far as I know they are not readily available in the States. The only way to get one of these is to purchase it from a dealer in the UK.

Anyway, this bass has some great standard J bass features like:

- Maple neck w/ Rosewood board
    - Alder body
    - Transparent black high gloss finish
    - Chrome hardware
    - Sweet factory gigbag

And here's some features that make this bass stand out from a lot of other Js:

- 24 frets w/ Lodestone inlays
    - Active EMG pickups w/ 2-band EQ
    - Individual bridges for each string w/ ceramic saddles!
    - Nicely carved thick Burled Poplar top
    - Laid back headstock tuners, similar to the old Trace Elliot basses

The bass is still in like new condition as is the gigbag.

More details here:

Lodestone Guitar Company

More pics here:

Lodestone Primal Artist 4 pictures by moondoggy3 - Photobucket

These are $900-$1000 new (minus shipping from the UK!).

Lodestone Primal Artist (Quilted Maple Trans-Honey) :: 4 String Basses :: Bass Guitars :: Bass :: Electro Music

I'm asking $680 $650 shipped. US Postal Money order preferred. PayPal ok. Will ship internationally. Message me for a shipping quote if outside the US.

LodestonePrimalArtist4_FRCL.

LodestonePrimalArtist4_FRANGLE2.

LodestonePrimalArtist4_SDDTL1.

LodestonePrimalArtist4_HDFR.

LodestonePrimalArtist4_HDTOP.

Thanks for reading TB.

2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    These are very cool basses. I own the 5 string version and I love it. They have an amazing tonal presence with astounding midrange! They cut through the sound of a full band with ease.......

Here's mine sporting a Roland Midi PU and some FretFX LEDs!

100_6031.
    100_6021.
    100_6025.

3. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Nice! I wanted the silver 5 string in the worst way! They are definitely killer J basses. They're almost boutique in construction, tone, feel, and quality with a very un-boutique price.

I'm trying to scrape up some funds to give wifey a graduation vacation, and I just haven't been giving this Jazz any love. So away she goes!! Someone please give this a good home.

4. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    What country are these "made" in? Cool looking basses I had never heard of them.

5. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    I'll have to pull out the card that came with bass to see if it says because it's nowhere on the bass. I assumed they were made in the UK, but surely that would be printed on the bass. (And the price would probably be much higher!) So I wouldn't be surprised if there were Asian made, but I can't say for sure.

6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very very cool.

7. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    The Loadstone 4 string bass being offered for sale here as well as my 5 string were hand made in the UK. They no longer make them there however. I actually spoke with Mark Gooday, the founder of Ashdown, and he told me that they have moved production of the newer version of these basses to eastern Europe somewhere. I think he said Romania or Czechoslovakia.

The UK models are the originals and by far the best built! I got mine from The BassPlace in Arizona who I believe were the only US dealer. They had several 4 and 5 string models in stock a couple years back but I'm guessing they are all gone by now.

Get this one while you can. These are "rare birds" for sure!

8. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    I think I just busted my load...stone. Is that silver guy a bass or a spaceship? Wish I had 680$ as I bet this bass plays and sounds sick! GLWTS

9. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
  10. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    I wanted this thing in the worst way when The Bass Place was selling it, just couldn't scrape the funds together. Glad it found a good home! GLWTS

11. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    I love the 3-D contours of the body and headstock. I'd never seen one before. Now Lodestone is on my radar. That's a refreshingly modern and strikingly sculpted bass.

12. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Bump for small price drop.

Is about 65% off of a new instrument acceptable for a mint/excellent condition instrument that can no longer be made (meaning, they're made in eastern Europe now, not the UK)?

I thought this bass would move a little quicker.

13. jphilauren

jphilauren

Nov 8, 2007
    How is the sound, traditional or more modern

14. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    PM sent

15. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    This definitely has a more modern tone. I've never played a vintage Fender, but I've played several cheap vintage Japanese basses, some of which had some major mojo! They all had that passive warm vintage vibe. This Lodestone is punchier and crisper, due mainly to the active EMGs and ceramic saddles. It can still do warm and smooth. It can also get the classic burpy J tone when on the bridge pickup. Overall, this is a modern J in looks, feel, construction, and tone.

Spencer, do you feel this is an accurate statement?

16. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I do indeed!

These basses are also pretty "hot" level-wise. Mine is louder than any of my other basses.

17. Puffy

Puffy

Apr 22, 2010
    Oregon
    Wow! So cool! Do you know the weight? I'm drooling.

18. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Sorry for the delayed response. This is 8 pounds on the bathroom scale.

19. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Any interest at all? I'm also in the market for a 6 string. I love wide spacing (18-19mm) and 34" scale, but shoot me an offer if you have a 6er to trade.

20. dougazbass

dougazbass Supporting Member

May 6, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    PM sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.