logging in to the lounges lobby

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by cassanova, Apr 8, 2003.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000

When I get an email notification about a thread in the lounge that I posted in, I click the link in the email and it makes me log into the lounge area. I log in and hit enter, then it makes me log in a second time. This only happens when I go there from my email. Is this normal?
  2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Hmm... after you log in a second time, then you have access, and stay logged in?

When you get an email notification for a post outside the lounge, does the same thing happen (are you logged in and able to post, or do you have to log in?) Which browser are you using?
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    It happens to me aswell, but with threads in the regular forums as well. When I go from a link in my e-mail, when I try to post a reply, it asks me to log in.

When I go to the forums normally, I guess the cookie is enabled and logs me in automatically. I guess the cookie doesn't work through an e-mail link :confused:
  4. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I wallk ya thru it Boss (easier that way for me)

1. Click link in Email
    2. Log in to lounge when after clicking link in email
    3. Type post and have to retype user name and pass word before posting (in non lounge forums too)

I have another window open right now with me logged into TB and am typing this on the email link one I got.