Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Logging in trouble.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HappyMikey, Aug 10, 2003.

1. A friend of mine sent me this MSN message:
    - Never Be - says:
    go to talkbass and make a post in off topic saying that todd stanley a user on talkbass can login but he isnt permitted to post or reply and wants to know why

2. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    No member by that name exists, did he do something to get himself banned?

3. if hes a new user:

has he done the confirmation email thing? you can login but cant post until you confirm your email. also have to do it if you change your email addy in the profile

if hes not a new user: may have been banned, dont ask me why. also, this would probably be better in the bugs forum ;)

4. He's been a member for 3 years.

5. Here's a screen cap of his error message.

6. then he was prob banned, if theres no known reason he needs to contact paul or a mod

7. Todd - says:
    post this "i dont know why i would ever be banned, i have never caused any problems on talkbass, and if i was banned im pretty sure i would have been told. i cant even PM a moderator to ask them what is going on, talkbass has contributed so much to me, to lose that is devistating, i really just want my old friends back. and if i cannot have that i think i deserve an explaination why one day i log into talkbass and am not aloud to post anymore, it just saddens me because it feels like i lost my best friend"

8. I've seen Todd post around before and none of it seemed vulgar or offensive (of what i've seen) so he might be experiencing some sort of trouble with his ISP or something.

He probably oughta email Paul and see whats up.

9. that line right there, its a tear jerker :bawl:

btw: maybe YOU can pm paul or a mod for him...

10. oh man it was because i changed my email a few weeks ago and never verified my account:oops: i want to thank mike for all the help, also freaky fender and anyone else that spent there time on me, thank you all, im so glad to be back, time to crank up tunes:bassist:

11. :) glad you got it working

12. im not a new user though, ive been coming to talkbass for almost 3 years, it was my NEW EMAIL that was throwing it out of wack, gotta watch the fine print people :ninja:

14. :oops: oops, yeep, sorry, thank you your majesty anyway.