1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Logo Decal Rant..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by funkingroovin, Aug 1, 2012.

1. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Have any of you ever tried to buy a replacement decal for a Squier? My favorite deity,what a pain in the wallet!
    I stripped the headstock of an old Sq. J neck with the intention of stain-matching it to the body and replacing the Squier logo..until I found out how much hoop-jumping was involved on top of the fact that the only way it'll ever happen is if an Authorized Fender Tech does all the work to start with..I think after all would be said and done,I could buy a new neck!

Just a rant,voiced in bemused disbelief. Looks like I'll be giving Lavmonga another call..or using one of the easily acquired "F J-bass" decals I have lying around. :rolleyes:

2. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    previated devert
    I feel your pain.

I have 2 old Squier basses, one with some headstock label damage.

Talked to a Fender rep- apparently there's paperwork and a visit to a certified tech (as you mentioned), a long-ish wait, and a bill for the application/finish work in my future. Plus, as this is an older bass (83), I would have to opt for a new Squier logo. Not exactly correct for my "vintage" bass. Sheesh.

Lavmonga may be in my future instead. Mines a P, though...

wraub

3. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Yes,all the above! I was a bit surprised because the actual Fender decals are fairly easy to find. I understand the concern about copyright infringements and such,but MAN! You would think Squier replacements could be had at Squier pricepoints!