Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Logos

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Worshiper, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    Let's see some logo designs that you guys use for your basses. The one I have been using was not a print it was free handed. I'll try to draw it up on autocad and post it later.

2. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Here's mine. The top logo is for in-line headstock designs (Fender, MM, etc.). The lower logo is for side-byside headstock designs (Warmoth, Ibanez, etc.). Also, I'd like to inlay the bottom logo into a fingerboard at some random fret. On light colored wood (i.e. maple), the logo is black, but on dark woods (walnut) I want to use gold leaf.

3. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    Here's mine. One of my goals with a logo was not to have my name anywhere on the instrument. The dots are braille for for my initials 'sf' and I install those on the headstock using rivets like on my avitar.

Edit: Oh yeah, my business cards are embossed to match the braille theme.

Attached Files:

4. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    I've been trying to come up with a symbol or some design, rather than my name. The whole name thing just seems overdone to me.

5. M_A_T_T

M_A_T_T

Mar 4, 2004
    Canada
    I just sign them.

Attached Files:

• b11.jpg
      b11.jpg
      File size:
      42.1 KB
      Views:
  6. chimp

chimp

Dec 4, 2004
    South Africa
    Thats a cool idea. Im still looking for a logo some how i just dont think i can use my name anyway(robert jardine) but ive been thinking about getting something african for my logo so im gonna ask around and maybe i can get something to slap on a headstock.