1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Logsdon Audio Power Supply? Or do I need a "better" option

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DeltaPhoenix, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I searched and saw one referenced in a thread a few years ago.

I scrapped my whole board awhile back, went with a VB-99, really liked that but got honest with myself about how much time I have to dedicate to "learning equipment". So, I am putting a small but pretty powerful board together (at least I think so).
    I hate blowing big dollars on power supplies, although I do respect what good isolated and filtered power does for a pedalboard, especially with digital and analog effects onboard.
    While trying to find a cheaper, yet good solution, I came across this company http://logsdonaudio.corecommerce.com/
    Their stuff is made in the USA they say, talks about filtering power, yet really doesn't mention that each ouptut is isolated.
    I did email them about that and will definately let you know what I find out. Has anybody else here dealt with them and if so, how was the experience, build quality, etc.

Just FYI. I do have a Godlyke, onespot type powersupply right now. I really am only going to have 5 effects pedals but I do have several other components that require power. Here is what I guess my signal chain will look like.

One channel TB Looper with a MBSS (for synth or octave) and a MXR M108 EQ (to be able to make the synth work/cut through because I have had one before and because of the computer connectivity for control, it would sound great at home and get lost at band practice)> Wounded Paw Parallel blender with a B3K and MountainKing Magnetar in the loops(I will be able to use them seperately or together for a huge parallel dirt sound and clean is footswitchable if needed)>Eventide Modfactor>Vox DelayLab
    In reality, I will probably have to use the Eventide power supply and my tiny power strip for it and the other power supply. Also, the MXR is 18 volts, it has it's own power supply too. I am not OCD about it, just would be cool. I have heard that Logsdon does do Custom, I will probably try to get a price, and I'll let you guys know what it is.

So yeah, any Logsdon experience here? Anybody have a cool solution for my board that isn't super expensive?
    Thanks.
    EDIT:I forgot about the tuner, Boss TU-2...It is looking less and less like a cheaper solution is going to work.

2. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    The way I look at it power supply boxes that don't offer isolated sections and/or different voltage options don't really provide much advantage over a one-spot type power supply, other than perhaps allowing separate power leads as opposed to daisy chained, for more routing options. These don't appear to have isolated power sections, if they did the fact would be mentioned in the technical specs.

3. Yeah, people pretty much advertise that fact if it is isolated.
    I was hoping they forgot :p

4. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    Potential buyers need to know how much ma each isolated section is capable of. Since Logsdon only provides one number it's safe to assume that there are no isolated sections.

5. Yeah, I am probably stuck getting something from Cioks if I want an all-in-one solution because the ModFactor sucks down some power.

6. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    Yeah. It's a daisy chain in a box. But it works! I had one for a spell.

Various Cioks would be mad swag and power them all...

7. Yeah, I am definately grumbling on the inside. I don't understand why power supplies are SO expensive. It seems like for $140 I should have a good solution, I am at the $220 + mark, I will look some more.
    I hate spending this much on power but I hate power trouble even more.

Rant Over.

8. Double Post WHAT.

Trying to figure out how to make a PP-2 work with different cables (little daisy chains and a doubler for the ModFactor).

Edit: Guess not, MBSS is 12v 550 mA

9. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    PP Digital is a pretty good solution...I run a 3-way daisy chain off of it, power a Timeline, a Moog and something else? HA! It's like 130 (Demon666 had one in the classifieds dunno if it's gone) and can power Eventides and has 12v outlets...

10. I may have a Cioks Pussy Power on the way, it would handle everything and leave me some room to grow.

11. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    you said a dirty word.

well, not dirty. a BEAUTIFUL word.

12. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    I snagged it. I would highly recommend it though. Powers the Line 6 FM4 and a Timeline pretty well.

13. yeah the PP Digital looks like a good supply for the price, I got hooked up by my homie and am using the Cioks for sure.