1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

lol. funny f up

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by jordan_frerichs, Sep 24, 2008.

1. jordan_frerichs

jordan_frerichs

Jan 20, 2008
    Nebraska
    ok, so i am working on the top of a semi holow body, have the f-holes cut out, and glued some bloodwood over them from the inside. i thought i would cut a desing into it, but didn't think to much about it. so the f-holes are "comma" shaped. i first started by making a curved line at the curved base. so that looks pretty cool, now i put 2 dots right above it thinking it will look like a reverse bass clef, and it turned out to be a SMILE FACE. had a *** moment, wished i had a camera and desided to do more improvising. took out the space betwee the "eyes", and added 1 hole on one side, turned out realy cool looking, like a tribal sign or something. thin i got the idea to add on more dot diagnally and what was awsome became like a cartoom sailboat with smoke puffs coming out. desided to add 2 more holes to create a diamond shap with that area. turned out looking pretty good, but i still wish i would have left it at the spot just before itt was a sailboat. sorry no pics of the smily and sailboat, will take some of the final one later. was wondering if anyone else made mistakes that made them burtst out laughing.