Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LoL! i thought this was funny!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ... I thought this was kinda funny... but none of you will though... because... i'm stupid and i laugh easily at stupid things :rolleyes:

Anyway! uh... i was cruising TB... and... i'm seeing all the same old advirtisments on the left Ad bar... and i didn't anything of it... then... i just clicked on the Off Topic like... two seconds ago... and i saw a new ad i've never seen before. All the ads here have a theme, music, and bass, and... music stuff, but this new ad i saw was like COMPLETELY random and it was for... Pet Meds..? ... wth is a petmed ad doing here? lol... it just cracked me up...

... but most likely none of you will find that funny, so i here by dub this thread the official "about my week" thread

:hyper:

2. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Okay, here's my week so far.

I got my new boots from UPS today. They rock, and make me want to kick things.

I got the contract I was interviewing for/bidding on. That work starts next week, and goes for the forseeable future. It's double what I'm making now with a whole bunch of room for me to up my rates later.

So far, so good. Just wish my back wasn't all jacked up.

:D

3. I spent new years in Denton, Texas (outside of Dallas) to take a look at the university there, and partied with my friends who go there.

I've discovered a great artist and have fallen in love with her music.

I went to a job fair today, and I have interviews monday and tuesday. Not bad for being unemployed my whole life.

I'm excited about the NFL playoffs this weekend. I'm a bit upset to see two teams I like (seahawks and rams) face each other in the 1st week, but hey at least one will advance, right?

Not a bad week, not bad at all :hyper:

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I saw it today, took a screen shot if you'd like to re-live the moment. ;)

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Who's the artist?

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah...I have the pet medicine ad's flashing at me on the left side ad bar right now too. Weird...I guess we need more supporting members, or raise the price of a supporting membership.

-Mike

7. The artist? Joanna Newsom....a 20something woman who sings and plays harp very beautifully. Quite different from the normal loud yelling punk and metal I normally listen to. Brilliant songwriter and poetic lyrics.

I dunno about mp3s, but you can watch one of her music videos at www.dragcity.com

8. HAHAHAH

9. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    :D

10. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    If you dig her, you might also like Dee Carstensen. She is a Harpist/Pianist/Singer/Songwriter that I've seen at the Kerrville Folk Festival a few times and she's pretty darned incredible. Very much different from metal or 'loud yelling punk' but still awesome. But it was an odd feeling after having 90% of the artists come out by themselves carrying an acoustic guitar, to see one with a djembe player backing her on her Grand Piano and Orchestral Harp.

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I'm diggin' chocolate covered pretzels.

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My week? Painting the house, ripped up the carpet and tiled my brother's room, assembled bunk beds, moved a great deal of furniture, and am currently sussing out how as to finance my drum problem, which at this point looks like selling my fretless bass and one of my cabs.

I'm not happy about that last bit, but I feel drums is something that's in me and I need to explore, and basses come and go, even if this one is doubly rare and quite nice. Shame. But, oh well, drums ahoy, mate.