LOL...Jumped right out at me!

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Dude, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Hey Mike,

So I think I'm the last bass player on the planet to pick up Gov't Mule's "Deep End Vol. 1" last night and I'm sitting here listening to it for the first time and just listening to the different players on every song andnot "peeking" as I listen to see who's on which track.

Track 5, "Effigy" comes on (on now still) and I couldn't resist looking to see who was playing such tasty basslines and low & behold it's you!

Awesome my brutha!!

What bass did you use to record that track?
  2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

I used the little gibson eb-3 bass I've been playing most of my gigs w/lately. that session was a blast! warren and matt are quite cool peeps and I love fogerty (notice my flannel, since I was a kid).

mike gordon made a film about the making of that record. go here for more info:

on bass, watt

3. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    is that the neil young song?

ps - i should introduce myself to watt - this is my first post in this room. Mike - i saw you play about 10-11 years ago with fIREHOSE at the Roseland in NYC. I think you were opening for the beastie boys. but i could be mixing up shows in my head.

anyways i have a few fH CD's - the tugboat one is my fav. I also have some minutmen stuff on casettes somewhere.

it's really cool that you're on here and active. it's very helpful. i found talkbass a few months ago while searching for opinions on a new rig i was getting.

and i have stayed here - checking it out everyday.

so thanks to watt and everyone else here...effigy is a legendary song!

i love the uncle tupelo version of it!

4. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

is which song the neil young song? I'm confused.

by the way, "ball-hog or tugboat" is a watt record, done after fIREHOSE finished up. thanks for the good word though!

on bass, watt