1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lollerskates! I bought a G&L!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Mar 26, 2006.

1. So after searching for the perfect bass I got a great deal on this from a music store going out of business. 900 US dollars cash got the bass and case out the door.

This bass was NOT for me I thought, in every way. But upon further inspection, it was EXACTLY what I wanted and have always searched for. So for anyone frustrated with their shopping, try something different! Try something you don't think you'll like!!

I am absolutely hooked on G&L's!

(For the record I'm using D'darrio chromes on it right now, I like it, should I check out any other strings next?)

As always, no pictures = no bass, so here, but keep your grubby mitts off!

GL023.
    GL025.
    GL001.

Also if Smash reads this, yes it does say SToKE on my wall haha.

2. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Please tell me that isn't spraypaint on the wall of your bedroom.

3. Sweet bass, looks good.

*edit* LOLersnakes! G&L FTW N00b! ***! OMG Haz0rz (I wanted to fit in...)

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    CKY sucks! OMGLOLWTFBRBROFLMAOBBQ

Congrats on the new bass.

5. Haha hush! I painted it almost 5 years ago!

6. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    So you have had 5 years to paint over it? Time to do something else classy- like covering your G&L with cool band stickers?:rolleyes:

7. Paint is expensive in a room this size, like 150 dollars, I can think of a lot better places for money, I have quite a few holes in my wall too. Maybe I'll drill a hole in the body of the bass and superglue a beanie baby in it, just to make you happy! (Except not really)

8. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    You can't buy class.

9. Skeletomania

Skeletomania

Oct 25, 2005
    hong kong
    Nice bass, but can you give a better close up. Also, is that your room or some abandoned complex.

10. If I was one of your parents, I would've kicked your ass for spray painting on the walls of your room. At least that's what my parents would have done.

Nice bass though!

11. My parents didn't really care, as long as there was no profanity, it's the basement. My parents are very supportive of me. I'll pay to change it someday, but for now money has been tight, I've been thinking of going with a deep red/burgandy/purply colour I picked up a sample at walmart, but wanted to pay off the gear I had picked out first. I'll take some better pictures tomorow.

12. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    About the paint: if you were going for the classy prison cell look you completely succeeded. :p

Nice G&L, by the way. :p

13. tripb19

tripb19 Camel - Camel

Jun 18, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Best thread name on TB ever.

Congrats on your bass, and it would be nice if Michael Scott would stay out of Todd Stanley's thread if he is only going to criticize.

14. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Dude, nice G&L. I have always wanted one of those. I love the look of those fat humbuckers!

BTW, enough criticizing the room, guys. My parents painted mine lime green and black for me. It's all about expression.