London Funky Friday Gig Alert - My band are playing

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Hello London, and surrounding area, TBer's, friends and music lovers etc etc

I'm doing a gig with my superfly funk outfit <b><a href=>Jasco</a></b> this Friday at the Bluejay Lounge in Shepherds Bush, it opposite the Hammersmith and City Line branch - <a href=>see more details here</a> - it'll be a fiver to get in, the place is open until 2am and we're on for over an hour - so it should be pretty cool. It would be great to see some of you there; thanks to the Mock Turtle and Ari for coming to the last one - this is a really nice venue as well.

If you wanna know what we're like live - here's a funky little video of a track called <b><a href=>'Sunna'</a></b>

2. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I wish I was in London... you guys rock! My kinda music! :D
  3. Believe me - we want to play ABROAD!!!! It's freezing and a bit dull here - we play up for it, sunny, funky music - if you live in Spain or Greece - or like Southern France then please invite over - we'll come and play for real.

In the meantime - com and see us in London

4. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i will do my best to make it this time!! :D!
  5. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    what time is your band on?
  6. birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    Hey Urb,

Shame I am in Birmingham and cant get to this gig looks cool.
    Have you considered mentioning it on the website which is now back up and running, a lot of uk bass players on there may be interested.

7. You are from Brixton? Does your band do "Guns of Brixton?" I think you have to. :bassist:

j/k. Sounds like your band is cool. Wish I was in England.
  8. Hey Gia, we're on about 9ish but I say that so you get there on time - we're on from 9.30 - but you know you might want to get a drink and get a seat and stuff.

BTW that posing pouch on your avatar keeps poking me in the eye - it's kinda annoying! ;)

Be good to see you there - bring a friend so you don't feel lonely. :)

9. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i shall definately be there, with friend! possibly even two friends.

what's the venue like?
    i went on the website and it says no jeans :meh:
    not even jeans in a hoxton arty fashiony way ? :(

i have a feeling we'll be rather out of place!
  10. Sorry for the BUMP - but there's now a flyer you can download here - so it's only three quid to get in - <a href=>flyer here</a>

Be nice to see some of you

11. I just wanna say we killed them last night - the club was lovely - bit like Pizza Express jazz club but more of a loung vibe - and we blew them away man - it was incredible - the band p[layed like a dream and the sound was just banging - it was without doubt our best gig to date and so much fun.

I really hope to see more of you at the next one - we're hitting a new level.

12. ah, couldn't make it as i had a rehearsal.
    will try and get to the next one, (dress code permitting?)
  13. Hi MTR

The dress code was a complete load of BS - it didn't matter at all! Everyone in there had either jeans and or trainers on! We will be back there soon - and mate, it shat on what we were like at The Mint Bar - this venue is soooooo nice - really good sound system and stage, plus the engineer was a very sweet, helpful guy - who loved what we did as well - everything went right which obviously make me paranoid as hell now - but also very optimistic about our immediate future. I'll post details of our next night at the Bluejay

14. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Glad to hear that it went well!

I hope I can make it to the next gig. ;) :bassist: