1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

London Funky Friday Gig Alert - My band are playing

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Hello London, and surrounding area, TBer's, friends and music lovers etc etc

I'm doing a gig with my superfly funk outfit <b><a href=http://www.jascomusic.com/>Jasco</a></b> this Friday at the Bluejay Lounge in Shepherds Bush, it opposite the Hammersmith and City Line branch - <a href=http://www.munkio.com/music/jasco/happenings/home.html>see more details here</a> - it'll be a fiver to get in, the place is open until 2am and we're on for over an hour - so it should be pretty cool. It would be great to see some of you there; thanks to the Mock Turtle and Ari for coming to the last one - this is a really nice venue as well.

If you wanna know what we're like live - here's a funky little video of a track called <b><a href=http://www.munkio.com/music/Victor/Sunna%20Jasco.mov>'Sunna'</a></b>

Cheers

Mike

2. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I wish I was in London... you guys rock! My kinda music! :D

3. Believe me - we want to play ABROAD!!!! It's freezing and a bit dull here - we play up for it, sunny, funky music - if you live in Spain or Greece - or like Southern France then please invite over - we'll come and play for real.

In the meantime - com and see us in London

Mxx

4. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i will do my best to make it this time!! :D!

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    what time is your band on?

6. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    Hey Urb,

Shame I am in Birmingham and cant get to this gig looks cool.
    Have you considered mentioning it on the bassworld.co.uk website which is now back up and running, a lot of uk bass players on there may be interested.

Steve

7. You are from Brixton? Does your band do "Guns of Brixton?" I think you have to. :bassist:

j/k. Sounds like your band is cool. Wish I was in England.

8. Hey Gia, we're on about 9ish but I say that so you get there on time - we're on from 9.30 - but you know you might want to get a drink and get a seat and stuff.

BTW that posing pouch on your avatar keeps poking me in the eye - it's kinda annoying! ;)

Be good to see you there - bring a friend so you don't feel lonely. :)

Cheers

M

9. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    thanks!
    i shall definately be there, with friend! possibly even two friends.

what's the venue like?
    i went on the website and it says no jeans :meh:
    not even jeans in a hoxton arty fashiony way ? :(

i have a feeling we'll be rather out of place!

10. Sorry for the BUMP - but there's now a flyer you can download here - so it's only three quid to get in - <a href=http://www.munkio.com/music/jasco/jasco_Bluejay_Flyer.pdf>flyer here</a>

Be nice to see some of you

M

11. I just wanna say we killed them last night - the club was lovely - bit like Pizza Express jazz club but more of a loung vibe - and we blew them away man - it was incredible - the band p[layed like a dream and the sound was just banging - it was without doubt our best gig to date and so much fun.

I really hope to see more of you at the next one - we're hitting a new level.

Mxx

12. ah, couldn't make it as i had a rehearsal.
    will try and get to the next one, (dress code permitting?)

13. Hi MTR

The dress code was a complete load of BS - it didn't matter at all! Everyone in there had either jeans and or trainers on! We will be back there soon - and mate, it shat on what we were like at The Mint Bar - this venue is soooooo nice - really good sound system and stage, plus the engineer was a very sweet, helpful guy - who loved what we did as well - everything went right which obviously make me paranoid as hell now - but also very optimistic about our immediate future. I'll post details of our next night at the Bluejay

Cheers

M

14. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Glad to hear that it went well!

I hope I can make it to the next gig. ;) :bassist: