Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

london retailers?...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madfiddler, Mar 20, 2006.

1. I'm struggling to find anywhere that has a rick 4003 in stock...I have serious GAS but I'd be stupid to buy before trying right?!?!...trouble is at around a grand noone seems to stock them....I understand the need for retailers to keep money invested in stock as low as possible, but it is annoying when any shop you visit only has basses in the 200-400 pund range!

I figured that there would be a higher concentration of places in London that I might be able to get my hands on one and that almost dfeinitely there'd be people here that would be able to recommend shops in london (preferrably central) that I could try.

I know there is the House of Guitars (bass centre) but where else?

Sorry If I posted this to the wrong forum wasn't sure where best to put it.

all help appreciated :)

thanks
    mf

2. arianar

arianar

Sep 25, 2005
    If you take a look in some of the stores in Denmark Street I'm sure you'll find one!

3. +1. I'd be very surprised if you could go round all the shops in the denmark street area and not find one.

4. britrit

britrit

Jan 22, 2006
    London
    i've definately seen a few ricks on denmark street.

5. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    I was in Denmark Street last Friday, I did'nt see any Rics apart from one shop with a few vintage ones with less than vintage prices..
    Worth a day out for a mooch anyway.

6. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
  7. Bob the Bass

Bob the Bass

Aug 13, 2004
    UK
  8. yeah, know what you mean I don't live too far from you. Have already checked sheffield, mansfield, nottingham, derby, even been up to bradford and leeds in my madness over a period of time!....actually now I come to think of it I haven't checked electromusic in Doncaster yet

9. alanbass1

alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    London
    I would go to Ealing and visit Peter Cooks guitar world. They have six 4003's in stock, including one in Montezumer Brown (my ltd edition favourite colour) for £899, a Blueboy for £959, and a jetglow and fireglow models for £950. All are priced with case and are good for the UK. Also, the Flying Pig is around the corner and they also stock Rics and likely to have one to try.

http://www.petercooks.co.uk/

10. thanks for the heads up on peter cook's :)

that blueboy is truely horrid though....:eek:

11. That's where I'd go. Heard nowt but good things about them.