1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

London TBers - wanna come to my gig?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Hi Peeps,

I know this is a little naughty but what the hey, it's all in the name of spreading some bass around...me and my wicked, funky band <b><a href=http://www.jascomusic.com>Jasco</a></b> are playing <b>tomorrow night in Camden, Friday December 3rd,</b> at a little club called The Mint Bar. Check out the 'Happenings' page on the website where there's a map and stuff - we'll be on around 9.30 - it would be a pleasure to meet some of you.

Thanks for stopping by

Mike

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i have an orchestra recital tonight, sorry :(

i would have come otherwise.

3. Hi Gia - it's TOMORROW night - Friday December 3rd - I think you'll dig it if you can make it - cool.

Mx

4. looks like I'm not gigging this weekend again (grrr) so I'll try and come down.

5. BUMP! Bumpity-bump - well it is Friday - you know you want to be there...oh well, it was worth a try. :smug:

6. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I'm going to the Alter Bridge gig at the LA2 tonight, unfortunately mate... :(

But have a good one, let me know when the next one is! :D

Russ :bassist:

7. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    So - how did it go?

Wulf

8. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I was there and it was really nice! You TB Londoners should try to come down and see them next time they play, it's worth it ;)

9. was pretty cool- flawlessly tight rhythm section, and your singer is a bit of a character.

only problem was your bass tone out front- I had trouble discerning all the notes you were playing, which is a shame as I know how good you are from all the clips you've posted on here-
    the stage was quite boomy and a bit less lows and more high mids might have helped.

(BTW, dunno what planet the bloke on the door was on- drugs are bad, kids...)

10. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    ... and I thought I was the only TB'er in the audience! I would have been cool to meet... I brought the Nordstrand with me!

Anyway, next time I hope!

11. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i couldn't make it. sorry :(

there should be a london get2gether soon.

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'd come to a g2g in london........ Probably :p

13. Hi MTR & Ari, thanks again for coming down - and thanks for letting me know about the sound problems - I don't know what happend to the mix half way through but I definitely suffereing on stage too. I think it all just got too loud - which is weird for a funk band - it really isn't the greatest sound system there and I think we were pushing its dynamic range too hard, that and my bass was bleeding over into the other instruments - I also had a few gripes with my sound but it was all going by a bit quick to fix it - I appreciate you telling me though because it's something I'll make sure dpesn't happen again. We played well, but everyone was telling us to play longer when we did a good hour - oh well, can't please em all eh?

As for the doorman - I'm afraid I can't make any excuses for him (I don't know him), they are a funny bunch there - I think there's a bit of London wide-boy bollox going on with the owners, no comment on whether they take drugs or not... :eyebrow: