London TBers - wanna come to my gig?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Hi Peeps,

I know this is a little naughty but what the hey, it's all in the name of spreading some bass and my wicked, funky band <b><a href=>Jasco</a></b> are playing <b>tomorrow night in Camden, Friday December 3rd,</b> at a little club called The Mint Bar. Check out the 'Happenings' page on the website where there's a map and stuff - we'll be on around 9.30 - it would be a pleasure to meet some of you.

Thanks for stopping by

2. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i have an orchestra recital tonight, sorry :(

i would have come otherwise.
  3. Hi Gia - it's TOMORROW night - Friday December 3rd - I think you'll dig it if you can make it - cool.

4. looks like I'm not gigging this weekend again (grrr) so I'll try and come down.
  5. BUMP! Bumpity-bump - well it is Friday - you know you want to be there...oh well, it was worth a try. :smug:
  6. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I'm going to the Alter Bridge gig at the LA2 tonight, unfortunately mate... :(

But have a good one, let me know when the next one is! :D

Russ :bassist:
  7. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    So - how did it go?

8. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I was there and it was really nice! You TB Londoners should try to come down and see them next time they play, it's worth it ;)
  9. was pretty cool- flawlessly tight rhythm section, and your singer is a bit of a character.

only problem was your bass tone out front- I had trouble discerning all the notes you were playing, which is a shame as I know how good you are from all the clips you've posted on here-
    the stage was quite boomy and a bit less lows and more high mids might have helped.

(BTW, dunno what planet the bloke on the door was on- drugs are bad, kids...)
  10. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    ... and I thought I was the only TB'er in the audience! I would have been cool to meet... I brought the Nordstrand with me!

Anyway, next time I hope!
  11. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i couldn't make it. sorry :(

there should be a london get2gether soon.
  12. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'd come to a g2g in london........ Probably :p
  13. Hi MTR & Ari, thanks again for coming down - and thanks for letting me know about the sound problems - I don't know what happend to the mix half way through but I definitely suffereing on stage too. I think it all just got too loud - which is weird for a funk band - it really isn't the greatest sound system there and I think we were pushing its dynamic range too hard, that and my bass was bleeding over into the other instruments - I also had a few gripes with my sound but it was all going by a bit quick to fix it - I appreciate you telling me though because it's something I'll make sure dpesn't happen again. We played well, but everyone was telling us to play longer when we did a good hour - oh well, can't please em all eh?

As for the doorman - I'm afraid I can't make any excuses for him (I don't know him), they are a funny bunch there - I think there's a bit of London wide-boy bollox going on with the owners, no comment on whether they take drugs or not... :eyebrow: