1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lone Wolf Audio Plague Rat Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 2010P, Apr 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    So in my quest to buy every "good" Rat for bass, I picked up a used LWA Plague Rat. The thing is though I didn't notice it has an extra knob on top. Pic below. Does anyone have any clue what this knob might do? ryl6iddrezv5jhv6tj8r.jpg

2. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    That looks like one of those special editions with the upcharge for asymmetrical drilling.

3. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    Lol! Good one.

4. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I got an idea. Plug it in and turn the knob.:D

5. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    A little hard to do when the pedal is currently about a week away from getting here, but thanks for the suggestion.

6. Beheroth

Beheroth

Aug 26, 2016
    bassboysam, arbitrary and 2010P like this.
  7. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    LOL! Well, I bought it from Sam Ash, so I'm not about to ask them to check anything out for me. I just don't really trust them.
    You are probably right about it being a blend. I saw the same ad as you posted. Same knob placement. That would be killer if it did have the blend.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  8. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    So my Plague Rat came in today and it indeed does have a blend knob, which is very cool because it wasn't advertised as such and I got it for a song. It sounds great. Very useful across the gain range and the blend is extremely well implemented. Very happy with this one.

SunnBass and Beheroth like this.
  9. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    Nah, he's a good dude.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021