Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LoneStar comment

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Nov 27, 2001.

1. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I have been hearing the latest single from the country band LoneStar called "With Me." The first time I heard it on the radio, I thought that it was good, but had no idea who it was. Then I saw the video on CMT, and figured it out.

My point is, has anyone else listened close to this song? The mix on it is very clean, you can hear everything distinct. Also, the bass tone that this guy has is probably one of the best recorded tones that I have heard in a long time. Even if you are not a country fan, you should check the song out just for the bass tone.

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    There's a lot of good stuff to be heard on many country tunes, including bass playing and tone. Too bad that lots of players just disregard it or tune it out completely because it's "country".... Or any other genre, for that matter.

3. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Well, I just hit the Lonestar website, and they do not have a bass player listed as part of the band. I guess I will have to buy the CD and find out who the studio player was. Maybe I should go to Nashville and see if they need a full time bassist?

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    We opened for these guys a couple years ago...
    I recall them doin' The Fixx's "One Thing Leads To Another" during the soundcheck.
    I also remember our drummer using their guy's "in-a-glass-house" kit; too, since Lonestar had in-ear monitors, the local company hired to do sound neglected to bring monitors...for us. Pitiful! The first & only gig I have ever played without hearing the drums! ;)

Hmmmm, I assumed the bassist was part of the "group".
    If a studio bassist is used(as Nashville does ALL THE TIME), it's gotta be-

Glenn Worf
    Mike Chapman
    Michael Rhodes
    Mike Brignadello
    Joe Chemay
    Dave Hungate
    Willie Weeks

5. www.allmusic.com lists "Mike Brignadello" JimK you madman.
    Also a Robbie Cheuvront on the Disk with the song "With Me"

On other disk by Lone Star we also have: Glen Worf, Mike Rhodes, and David Hungate.
    Great studio players they lined up.

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    One of the best bass tones I've ever heard on a country album would have to be a Glen Campell album I have of him, live in Branson.

One of the best country bassist I've ever heard has to be Keith Christopher. I have a live album by Shaver called "Live at Smith's Olde Bar" that features him. If you love hard honky tonkin country in the vain of Dwight Yokum, Hank Jr. Kentucky Headhunters ect. I highly suggest this album. Eddie Shaver R.I.P.