Long frets

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by FreeSpirit, May 13, 2005.

1. Okay, i bought a new Washburn Tarus 5 yesterday, and i didn;t notice untill i got home that the some frets both on the top and bottom of the fretboard stick out. it isn;t a drastic stick out, just that it looks like when it was made some frets might of been too big and thus create a bump. It has nothing to do with being on the fret board but more above and below it. My question is if i went back to the store, could i just ask them to repair it, or exchange it for a new one or an entirley new bass like maybee a G&L i was looking at, if i gave them a little more money. Aswell do you think they should or would charge me for this, they should do it for free correct?

2. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I would think thats grounds for taking it back and swapping it out. Fret ends should be ground flush with the board and smoothed over.
  3. I think that is what i'm going to do, or go somewhere else and try to get a used MM Stingray, or Bongo. Thanks for the quick reply. ;)