Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Long frets

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by FreeSpirit, May 13, 2005.

1. Okay, i bought a new Washburn Tarus 5 yesterday, and i didn;t notice untill i got home that the some frets both on the top and bottom of the fretboard stick out. it isn;t a drastic stick out, just that it looks like when it was made some frets might of been too big and thus create a bump. It has nothing to do with being on the fret board but more above and below it. My question is if i went back to the store, could i just ask them to repair it, or exchange it for a new one or an entirley new bass like maybee a G&L i was looking at, if i gave them a little more money. Aswell do you think they should or would charge me for this, they should do it for free correct?

Kyle

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I would think thats grounds for taking it back and swapping it out. Fret ends should be ground flush with the board and smoothed over.

3. I think that is what i'm going to do, or go somewhere else and try to get a used MM Stingray, or Bongo. Thanks for the quick reply. ;)