1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Long Island Bass Wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by conqueso123, Apr 26, 2009.

1. conqueso123

conqueso123

Apr 26, 2009
    Mid twenties Guitar and Drums looking for Bass. Must be into Soul, funk, and good rock as well as having an understanding of Jazz. Looking to create a jam based sound incorporating soul, funk, rock, and hip hop. Think Soulive, D'angelo, Derek Trucks, James Brown, Hendrix, Motown, etc... Must live to improvise and perform live.

2. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    What part of LI?

3. conqueso123

conqueso123

Apr 26, 2009
    Western Suffolk. So basically central to just about all Long Islanders. We rehearse a lot at Phase One Sound in Farmingdale but we are really pretty flexible. We're looking to get going to capitalize on Summer!

4. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I'd be interested but it's a little far for me. Good luck with your search :)

5. conqueso123

conqueso123

Apr 26, 2009
    Where are you located? Do you have any music hosted online? It seems to be truly hard to find good players in the area.

6. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I'm in the city, I don't really have any of my stuff from my old band online.

7. revlimitbounce

revlimitbounce Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2007
    AZ
    I'd be into that, too, but I'm no longer in my 20s, not on L.I. (in Manhattan) and waiting to have a second-call audition here in the city with an all-original band that's really promising.

There aren't many truly good bass players in the environs outside NYC, or so I've experienced.

Good luck. If you relocate to the city, look me up....

8. conqueso123

conqueso123

Apr 26, 2009
    Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have any one they may be able to refer? Any Long Island TBers out there?

9. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Ages?