1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

long lost custom G & L custom shop bass

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by danoforegon, Jul 19, 2008.

1. danoforegon

danoforegon

Jul 18, 2008
    Hey all, Dan here. I am looking, somewhat in vain, for a bass made for me, as an endorsee of G & L, back in 1998, stolen from my house in Eugene, Oregon, when I was on tour with The Cherry Poppin' Daddies back in 2000. The bass in question is an ASAT bass, large silver metal flake with a matching headstock, rosewood finger board, and an ash body. A question: where there more than one of these made? Has anyone else seen this bass, or another like it? It is not one of the semi-hollow Thinline basses. It had a solid tele body.

Just for giggles, I am (still) the owner of a G & L L-1000, that I traded a sewing machine for, back in 1985. I have de-fretted it, re-fretted it, and still love it!

Yeah, if any of you have seen this bass, contact me here. Thanks, Dan.

2. I've seen silver metal flake ASATs, but I don't remember if I've seen one with a matching headstock. You might want to check the Guitars by Leo registry and see what's there. I doubt you'll find the culprit since it has probably changed hands a few times.

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    The dude from Dillinger Escape Plan plays one that looks like that.

4. Spiritfield

Spiritfield

Mar 2, 2004
    Jawja
    If you know the serial number you'd be in a better position to find it, but as far as I know anyone could order an ASAT bass in that color configuration if they wanted one...

5. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    That was my first thought as well.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021