Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Long-scale Fender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by old_skool, Jan 27, 2002.

1. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well actually a Squier. A friend of mine insists that his Squier is a long scale P-bass. I haven’t played this bass in a long time but when I did it didn’t feel like a bigger neck. He said that "It feels just like my B.C. Rich Warlock and that has a long scale" To my knowledge Fenders only different scale lengths are Hamm's signature and Mustangs. I don’t think B.C. Rich had different scale lengths either. Did Squier ever make a long scale P-bass?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

So are all Jazz basses, Telecaster basses, and almost every other bass that Fender has ever made. The Mustang and MusicMaster are short scale, which is 30", the Urge is medium scale, which is 31-32 inch, and all of the others are 34", which is long scale.

So are 90% of all of the other basses ever made.

3. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I know Fenders standard scale length is 34 inches. He thinks his Squier has a longer scale length than that of normal Squiers. Sorry for the confusion.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Tell him that he is full of escorrença.

5. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    95% of Fender's basses are long scale (34")

Squier has never made any 35" extra-long scale basses AFAIK. But I think that bronco bass is 30" or something.