1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Long term experience with the ABM1000?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gillento, Apr 2, 2013.

1. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    Has anyone a long term experience with the ABM1000?

I love the sound of my UK made ABM500 RC EVO3 and I love the dynamics of my mighty Aguilar db750.
    I was wondering if the ABM1000 might be able to replace both amps.

What about the power amp dynamics/headroom?
    Fan noise?

Any information is greatly appreciated!!!

Jauqo?

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I own a ABM 1000 and the sound is huge, it has all the character of the ABM 5000 with some extra boom. The low end response is even more noticeable.

As far as replacing the ABM EVO 3 500 with the ABM 1000 yes, definitely and especially if you want extra evenly balanced headroom.

As far as replacing the Aguilar DB750 I couldn't really say for sure because the ABM 1000 and DB750 are two different and unrelated sounding amps.

But you can get huge grinding distorted dirt out of the ABM 1000 that has similar dirt as the Aguilar DB750 when pushed.

As far as fan noise, I have not experienced that with this amp.

Ashdown endorser.

3. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    Thanks for chiming in!

As for the ABM/db reference: I always think of the ABM500 sound (not headroom) rather similar to the db750.... at least my favourite ABM sound is very close to the db750: authoritive with thick low mids, but articulate! No drive here ... (at least not with the amp).

Thanks for the fan noise hint ;)

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    You're welcoe.

I don't know if you're in an area where you can try out the ABM 1000 but if you are, definitely try one out.